Mato gearbox whining and not performing very well.the other

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
68firebird
Recruit

Mato gearbox whining and not performing very well.the other

Post by 68firebird »

I'm new to tanking but have experience with r/c.mainly Helis.I have a mato taigen hybrid full metal tiger 1.one of the mato gearboxes is sqeaulimy.any ideas.I also have wiring issues with taigen turrett to rx18 2.4 much.and taigen 360 rotation.
Do I have to rearrange the 3 wire connectot
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Mato gearbox whining and not performing very well.the ot

Post by tomhugill »

Usually whining is caused by the motor pinion having the incorrect backlash, usually too hard up against the first gear, some swear by putting a piece of paper between the gears to set the backlash.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Have you tried lavishing all those cogs with a good model grease? I use TriFlow with Teflon. It comes in a small tub, costs the earth and lasts a lifetime. It's a left over from my racing days - everybody said my car was the quietest, smoothest and fastest which l can only attribute to quality gears, correct mesh and good lube.

The paper mesh technique used to be mentioned in Tamiya build manuals but paper thicknesses vary, as do gear teeth size/pitch so my tip is to take your time adjusting the mesh, starting with no play then backing off until you can barely sense slack. Check this at more than one point of rotation - there are a lots of cheaper gears out there that are not centered!î
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
68firebird
Recruit

Post by 68firebird »

Many thanks for your input much appreciated.
68firebird
Recruit

Post by 68firebird »

I've discovered that the noise is because the motors are touching and the top motor is being forced up and the drive cog is pushed down leaving no Clarence and causing the cogs to be too tight.ive put a shim under the gear set to give clearance but not ideal.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”