Tis a great day!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jumpugly
Private

Tis a great day!

Post by jumpugly »

Good Day Everyone:
Thanks for letting me join!!! Just a bit about myself...I am a life long model builder and r/c enthusiast who used to build and fly WW1 scale aircraft, but am now a restorer/collector of r/c Formula One cars in both 1/10th scale (Tamiya) and 1/8th scale (Kyosho). Just as I was reaching retirement (and pretty much by accident) I became aware of 1/16th scale r/c tanks! As a younger man I used to build armor in 1/35th scale and as I like to work BIG, finding tanks in this scale (especially WW2 tanks) was quite a pleasant surprise.
Recently, I had the pleasure of finding extraordinary 1/16th scale (120mm) figures by an incredible sculptor from Hong Kong named Jeff Shiu. As I also have an interest in "figure painting" I thought a marriage of Jeff's figures and some 1/16th scale tanks would be fun. When I mentioned this to a friend and fellow builder of mine (who is a huge WW2 German Tank enthusiast) he proposed a static sculptural piece for him on a commission basis. Hence the "Men of Bronze" pix that I have added to the "SHow Off" section of this site.
I hope you like the work!
Thanks for having me aboard I am looking forward to seeing and learning so much of this particular end of the r/c world.
Kindest regards, Guy
Firefly68
Recruit

Re: Tis a great day!

Post by Firefly68 »

Hi Guy welcome to the forum I'm sure you will fit in nicely great bunch of people on here. :D
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Thank you FireFly! Of that I have no doubt!!! :)
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hehe, welcome along & get your wallet ready!
It’s the most addictive hobby ever, I keep telling the Mrs, just one more....
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Understood Wayne!!! Took a beating on all my Tamiya and Kyosho stuff over the years. Damn!!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”