Let me introduce my self

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Negaduck
Recruit

Let me introduce my self

Post by Negaduck »

Hello from Canada Ontario. Not new to the hobby but new enough for this forum so lets keep it short and get to pics of my mostly finish tanks

Tamiya static model King Tiger Porsche turret converted into rc with a Clark board

Heng Long Panzer IV with Clark board

Tamiya Tiger I

Tamiya sherman. this one i'm changing to be more sherman and not easy8 rip off

i also have but on the work bence
Tamiya King Tiger Production turret
Tamiya sherman converting to easy 8
Hang Long Stug III converting to F model
Hang Long Stug III

I've built some custom tanks but my fav and longest project was Kelly's Heroes Tiger I. hopefully posts to other sites build threads are ok to post here
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum. ... ro-tiger-1
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Let me introduce my self

Post by MichaelC »

About time you joined....... What told you so long.

Fellow tanker from Toronto..........
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the new pics.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Greets from Norway :wave:
Drammen Rock City
Negaduck
Recruit

Post by Negaduck »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Negaduck.

Yes, all build threads are welcome I believe, even from alternative forums. The more information, the merrier.

Mind you, bit late to ask ;)
its a good think i only posted one build thread then. . . . . . so here's the others lol

King Tiger
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum. ... ing-tigers

Panzer IV
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum. ... -panzer-iv

Tiger I
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum. ... erent-camo
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome!

You've got some nice looking tanks there. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

First things first, A Belated Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
I have an affection for PZ4s,
Just a couple of things about yours which by the way is splendid especially the finish.
The Aus "J" had an aerial on the Left rear flank,
Immediately in front of the cupola forward viewing slit was an upright bar that the commander used as a bore sight, I think I have seen this fitting twice out of all the PZ4s I have seen in 1/16, I use a small dressmakers pin and heat the sharp end and push it into the plastic of the Turret in front of the cupola.
The Tiger 1 had a similar aiming bar mounted just above the Gun Mantlet at the front of the Turret and that is just never fitted because it is too fragile in our scale,
The Japanese Rye Field Model Co included it in their Tiger 1 kit but I don't think even the perfectionists Tamiya ever did. Back to the PZ4,
The left rear fender carried a reflector near its base and above it was a two tier multi-lens rear light,
There was no reflector or rear light on the right hand rear of the PZ4 even though Heng Long includes this fictional item.
Like I said you have done some quality work I am most impressed.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Negaduck
Recruit

Post by Negaduck »

jarndice wrote:First things first, A Belated Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
I have an affection for PZ4s,
Just a couple of things about yours which by the way is splendid especially the finish.
The Aus "J" had an aerial on the Left rear flank,
Immediately in front of the cupola forward viewing slit was an upright bar that the commander used as a bore sight, I think I have seen this fitting twice out of all the PZ4s I have seen in 1/16, I use a small dressmakers pin and heat the sharp end and push it into the plastic of the Turret in front of the cupola.
The Tiger 1 had a similar aiming bar mounted just above the Gun Mantlet at the front of the Turret and that is just never fitted because it is too fragile in our scale,
The Japanese Rye Field Model Co included it in their Tiger 1 kit but I don't think even the perfectionists Tamiya ever did. Back to the PZ4,
The left rear fender carried a reflector near its base and above it was a two tier multi-lens rear light,
There was no reflector or rear light on the right hand rear of the PZ4 even though Heng Long includes this fictional item.
Like I said you have done some quality work I am most impressed.
That Panzer IV is a bit of a mutt LoL. every time i put something new on it i leave it primer red and do some wear markings, call it a scavenge upgrade. I even have a panzer III return roller on its right side. depending on which apple i use that cupola comes off a lot. as for any type of rear light they broke off a while ago

there are so many more things i could do to them but i just can't justify hugh details because i like to battle with them. I'm known to loose tracks and still try to drive around lol. My KT has turret problem that stops it turning, slave labour did it. i can fix it for a time with electrical tape around the turret ring.

that tiger I was me be stupid and i saw it on WoW "i want to do that paint job". all of my tanks have more detailing on them since i posted last in those threads but the KT i've played with the most. I've been using black powder and setting it up for the black impact look

Oh crap i didn't post anything for project Bite Me. i think that will be the next one to paint but i got to set some coins aside and find a different turret for it. i may start a build thread for it here on friday
Firefly68
Recruit

Post by Firefly68 »

Welcome to the forum from the UK really nice thanks you have. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”