Hi All !

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Hi All !

Post by cashybai »

s-l1602.jpg
Hi Folks, I'm Neil Cash, I'm a Fire Officer from the UK, and after a lot of mucking about have bought the Panther in the pics as a birthday pressie for myself. Not 100% but it may well be a Pantiger 8O 8O but I'll tell more when it gets to me (on shift so can't see if posties been) . Looking forward to modding it a bit, but like the paint job from what I can see....
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1601z.jpg
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hi All !

Post by jarndice »

Hi Neil, Welcome to the Forum :clap: :thumbup: : :wave:
I do believe we have us yet another Pan-Tiger but unlike Many others this one has a most presentable paint scheme,
I get the feeling you have one or two questions for us?
Excellent that's what we do best, Ask away and anything that you know that will further our hobby will just like you always be welcome.
It is most opportune that you have been awarded a long overdue pay increase because you will become intimate friends with your Bank Manager quite soon,
I hope you enjoy this place, even I do sometimes. :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Neil, welcome along
Quite an infectious hobby this, enjoy
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Shaun/Wayne, thank you both, yep I can see this being both expensive & addictive, but there you go.... :haha:

Had a fair old read through on other threads, depending obviously on what's inside I'm guessing metal gearbox and sprockets if it needs it are first mods, this one doesn't come with sound or smoke so that'd probably be on the list, first job is have a play with it and see how we go..I used to run the old Tamiya off road cars back in my youth, so albeit a darn sight slower, hoping it'll all come rushing back...(they got modded to hell too...)
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I'm sure you'll get to know Dave & Julie from Forgebear tanks quickly, they will save you a fortune

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

happytank wrote:Big hi to you, wasn't this tank on sale on eBay.not bad
was indeed, saw a few others but liked this one a lot. I'm more of a panther fan than tigers tbh, would love a chieftain in 1/16 and just seen the kit price for one :S :S
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome. If you're in Rutland you're not that far from the GLAD meets. Usually first Sunday of the month just off the A1 at Grantham.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

happytank wrote:Are the metal gearbox that bad Mr gunner, is it the teeth or the bearings or don't just last.
Down to the torque.
The air soft shooting unit has nylon gears inside.no metal upgrades!?
3out of 5 of my rc tanks (toy tanks) :D have metal gears, are considering.
Its not that the white metal gears are bad, just that they are noisy. Given the choice between the two I would have the nylon gears as they are very smooth and quiet, but the steel ones are better made, have bearings, stronger casings etc.

If you hear a clicking noise with the nylon ones, it isn't the gears stripping, it's a slipper clutch that is built into one of the cogs to prevent any damage to the teeth. If the gears are overloaded they slip on the clutch and make the click. If you want to stop that happening, dismantle the gearbox, pull the cog out, wash the lube off, and glue it solid with araldite/epoxy glue. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Well, the addiction has started..After running the pantiger for a while now, I felt the urge to put my stamp on her, so after browsing ebay and t'internet, I ordered the first of doubtless many bits from Dave & Julie, and had some more from a few other folks as well..
_20180622_155716JPG.jpg
Thanks to a Peddinghaus decal set, the pan is now 421 of 4th ss panzers 'das reich'
_20180622_155741JPG.jpg
_20180622_155806JPG.jpg
_20180622_155854JPG.jpg
_20180622_155918JPG.jpg
_20180622_155941JPG.jpg
Few bits including the vital bucket!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”