Hello from Wiltshire

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Thewalrusman
Recruit

Hello from Wiltshire

Post by Thewalrusman »

Hi, I’m George.
I always wanted a rc tank since a kid. Got my first tiger last year after a painful month back and forth with some shadey dealer. Fortunately I had used PayPal. Since then I have discovered the money pit that is this hobby. My Heng Long Tiger is now pretty much a Taigen and my collection has grown :-

Tiger 1
Leopard 2
Kv1
M4A3 (rescued and currently trying to build a not 100% faithful e2)

Will have the js2

I’ve learned the hard way about the basic electronics but managed to somewhat successfully convert my leopard to the newest Heng Long board (really wanted my leopard to sound like a leopard)

Anyway. I’m sure the future holds many projects and am sure I will be asking for help.
Thanks in advance
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello from Wiltshire

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along George
Got to admit (don’t tell my Mrs) I’ve been into the hobby for less than a year & I’ve developed a daily craving to buy tank stuff, I started with a Tiger 1.
I’ve now got 3 Tiger 1’s, a Pantiger yuck, a Jagdpanther and a Jagdpanzer IV.
It’s definitely an addiction.
I’m also in the middle of copying Alwyn’s Chieftain from his scratch build thread, I’m going to need a bigger house!
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum. Are you within easy reach of Corsham? You might like to consider coming along to one of the Bristol Armoured Division's meetings, which look like being there at least for the foreseeable future.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

Big Hello George,to the hobby that takes over your time and money,, lot of help here to any of your problems along the way ,,
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
Thewalrusman
Recruit

Post by Thewalrusman »

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm new to this forum stuff so bare with me.
silversurfer1947 wrote:Welcome to the forum. Are you within easy reach of Corsham? You might like to consider coming along to one of the Bristol Armoured Division's meetings, which look like being there at least for the foreseeable future.
Yeh I'm just in devizes so not far at all. I have had my eye on the Bristol armoured decision site for a few months. Me and a friend were thinking of stopping by on the next meet to get an idea of how it all works.
midlife306 wrote: I’m also in the middle of copying Alwyn’s Chieftain from his scratch build thread, I’m going to need a bigger house!

You'll have to keep me posted on this build. Definitely something I'd be keen on attempting In the future.

Again thanks for the welcome.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi George, welcome to the forum, this is a hobby that takes and takes from your wallet and bank account whilst building an insatiable desire to possess more tanks and military vehicles. :crazy: :haha:

Here is the link to the Chieftain tank scratchbuild

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25154

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “Introduce Yourself”