Another Hi from Kent!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
IV(AC)
Recruit

Another Hi from Kent!

Post by IV(AC) »

Hi all, found you after searching for HL Challenger 2 stuff, unfortunately not soon enough to prevent a bad purchase through Nitrotek :-(

ordered their Challenger 2 pro with green & black camp, got shipped pro version with desert....but two broken track support wheels (?) and what appears to be a bent drive shaft!!
All straight out of an undamaged box!
IMG_20180411_135625 (Large).jpg
IMG_20180411_135632 (Large).jpg
IMG_20180411_135747 (Large).jpg
IMG_20180411_135735 (Large).jpg
Oh well, lets see if they can break a habit and sort it quickly!

Kent wise, i work in Maidstone and live just south of Canterbury

https://www.nitrotek.co.uk/rc-tank/heng ... -body.html

Steve
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Another Hi from Kent!

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Steve, bit of a downer that your chally arrived in that state and as you say in an undamaged box :S makes you wonder who's in charge of quality control :/ hopefully you get it sorted with the seller, take a look at the recommended vendors on this site and your next purchase from one of these sellers will be a far better experience I guarantee, keep us posted on the outcome of the chally :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I had a bad experience with Nitrotek, a completly broken elevation/mantlet. I lodged a complaint and it took them a loooong time to respond. All I needed was the replacement mantlet, but they sent me a complete KT Porsche turret, so it's worth hanging on for replacement parts, they did come good....eventually.

No idea how anyone bent that shaft, have you checked to see whether the gearbox is actually screwed to the chassis? It would require an incredible amount of force to bend a shaft like that, the plastic hull would split before the shaft bent.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
IV(AC)
Recruit

Post by IV(AC) »

Have you checked to see whether the gearbox is actually screwed to the chassis?
No chap, decided as it was the wrong one anyway I'd not even open it any further than lifting the chassis out of the box.
nothing else even got removed from the box so they can see it's never been run...

they have already replied to my ticket, but are saying that their T&C's say i have to pay return postage!!!! Unfortunately for them the DSR rules say its their cost. I've met them half way and said i send it back if they refund the cost and they've agreed.
just need to find a cheap courier as they will only pay the cheapest method, despite requiring tracked and insured shipping to them! (more than i got from them to me!)

Oh well, longer to look a potential upgrades!....including drive shaft reinforcement/bearings!, Metal road wheels and possibly a gyro turret stabiliser....then....OK you get what i mean!

Steve
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome Steve.

I’m in Kent too, hopefully planning a few meets in tinbridge wells this summer if you’re interested.
IV(AC)
Recruit

Post by IV(AC) »

You'll all not be surprised to hear that 18 days later Nitrotek have still not sent the correct item even though I sent the incorrect and damaged item back to them well over a week ago.
I've until Thur to escalate the Paypal case to a claim for the money back!
Not holding my breath on getting a response! from them, but hopefully I'll at least get my purchase cost back via PP
IV(AC)
Recruit

Post by IV(AC) »

Just in case anyone is interested....

I lodged a paypal dispute, then escalated it to a claim.
Nitrotek then (16 days later) sent me the correct COLOUR of Challenger 2 , that was obviously someone else's return. The box was open and damaged and the tank on the inside had more broken track support rollers than the first one did!
I videoed the unboxing as evidence of the state of the "replacement" unit.
I decided to call paypal and explained to them what had happened, they asked for the tracking number of the original return, and the address to which i'd returned it.
They than did an immediate refund to my account after checking with the RM tracking number that Nitrotek had received my original unit back.
So i now have Nitrotek's broken replacement AND a full refund (excluding the £14.26 to ship the unit back)

Paypal say under the distance selling regulations I have to give them seven days notice to collect it, then i can dispose of it as I see fit! they are not interested in what happens about the replacement as its not part of the original transaction!

Result as long as Nitrotek don't get all Sh!55ty over it!

Steve
IV(AC)
Recruit

Post by IV(AC) »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I would tell nitrotek they have seven days to refund that £14.26 and send a pre paid label for you to return their crap otherwise if they don't do both, it's going in the bin.

And if they don't, you have spares as compensation :thumbup:

Mick.
I may go a bit further as why should I put myself out and cart it to the Post Office?

I'd thought of holding the replacement as collateral until they refund the £14.26 AND say send a courier if you want it back.
However seeing as I can't actually speak to anyone at Nitrotek ("We are a web only company"), except via their helpdesk system, I may decide I can't be bothered to use their stupid system and wait until they contact me!

Possibly the worst company I've ever had the "pleasure" of dealing with....and I've shopped with bangood for some years!!!
I've a good mind to setup a new email as sorryIdontgiveahoot@gmail.com !!!
As far as I'm aware there is no obligation for me to use their helpdesk system in order to contact them? How about I'm sorry, I'm an "in person" only type of individual...
As long as I have the tank and a refund (and that will take up to 5 days to appear on my card) then for once I have the upper hand....and Oh Boy do I intend to milk it!

Steve

Return to “Introduce Yourself”