Hello From MI USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
MBPanzer
Recruit

Hello From MI USA

Post by MBPanzer »

Hi All,
Just found this website, and seems to have a lot of great modelers. I've been doing RC Helis/planes/and cars for many years,
and decided to get a few of my older 1/16 HL tanks upgraded to new electronics. Seems like I have a lot of research to do here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello From MI USA

Post by jarndice »

Hi MB,
Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
When you start it is a bit confusing but just like riding a bicycle you will soon pick it up and whenever you have a problem we are just a few key strokes on your computer away with help.
We are fortunate to have a good American Membership although more would be welcome and I am sure some of them will come by to metaphorically shake your hand,
Enjoy this place I do most of the time :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Dayle Frame
Recruit

Post by Dayle Frame »

Welcome aboard from a newbie in Lansing. These cats have all the answers to your questions.....so fire away.

Dayle
Dayle
==========
Current: Tamiya King Tiger (56004), Tamiya M4A3 (56014)
Next: Tamiya Panzer IV (56026)
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Welcome from Lancaster County Pennsylvania.

You are correct, there are many outstanding modelers populating this site.

I find RC tank modeling to be slower paced and more enjoyable (and more $$$$) than other aspects of RC modeling. It’s addictive, more so than cars, planes or boats.

Enjoy the hobby, and establish a home equity line of credit.

Frank
MBPanzer
Recruit

Post by MBPanzer »

I hear that, I've flown RC helis for the last few years and it really gets $$$$$ I've recently decided to take a break from that, and pulled out my old airbrush, and going to paint,and weather some 1/16 tanks I have, after I get them upgraded and running. The most expensive upgrade to my tanks will be WAY less $$$$ than one bad crash with my Helis. :thumbup:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hello, and welcome aboard. I'm also in Detroit, right near 5 Mile and Telegraph. I can probably help you with quite a few of those upgrades. If you're interested, I'll post a link to my YouTube channel and you can see what I've been doing in the tank Hobby. I've also branched out into 1/16 scale trucks and I just picked up a 3D printer. The project right now is to 3D print a WC 51 and use the running gear from the new HL trucks. You can see all that in my HL truck mod thread.

It's good to have another tanker in Detroit.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MBPanzer
Recruit

Post by MBPanzer »

Max-U52 wrote:Hello, and welcome aboard. I'm also in Detroit, right near 5 Mile and Telegraph. I can probably help you with quite a few of those upgrades. If you're interested, I'll post a link to my YouTube channel and you can see what I've been doing in the tank Hobby. I've also branched out into 1/16 scale trucks and I just picked up a 3D printer. The project right now is to 3D print a WC 51 and use the running gear from the new HL trucks. You can see all that in my HL truck mod thread.

It's good to have another tanker in Detroit.

Hey, I'm not that far from you, I'm actually in Allen Park, but no one outside of Detroit will know where that is!!!
:haha: Sure, I could use the help, thanks!
Mike

Return to “Introduce Yourself”