Hello from Slovakia

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
50koruny
Lance Corporal

Hello from Slovakia

Post by 50koruny »

Hi.i am Tomas.i am from Slovakia and i am sorry for my bad english :D
actually i am an machinist, working with EDM wirecut machines and 3D printing.and 3D printing was a reason for me to start making RC tanks.
i am designing my very first RC tank since november 2016.its 3D printed T-14 Armata in 1:16.my tank is not "only" shell or rebulided heng long.
its pack of 3D printed tank systems (suspensions, lights, etc), which is very different from classic tanks.main reason is that i dont have a regular RC tank before (i am untouched with classic systems) and that strange 3D printing technology.i am printing second, improved prototype right now.i can write some more details about that, but with my english... :D
on the photos: 1st prototype from 2017.basic functions and PLA body.
and thank you for add.

facebook.com/warprints
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello from Slovakia

Post by Estnische »

That is great Tomas! What is inside? Are you using Heng Long or perhaps Tamiya motors and gearboxes?

Welcome to the forums.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

That looks brilliant Tomas
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
50koruny
Lance Corporal

Post by 50koruny »

thank you.you can put wide range of parts inside.you can use everything but not tamiya.for example - its possible to install gearboxes with 23mm shaft or 59mm.i have tested 4 different gearboxes for now.i have 3 configurations of turret.you can make Armata moving from 60€ to 1000€ :) i have to write some thread.
facebook.com/warprints
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Jak se máš, Tomas? Welcome to the community.

Spectacular work on the Armata, I'm very impressed with the design and fabrication.
50koruny
Lance Corporal

Post by 50koruny »

dobre, ?akujem :) its very nice here.huge content.
and thank you for compliments.
its my first model, i am not the modeler (i want to be).but i am focused to 3D print for long time.almost from the begin of reprap.3D printing is a part of my job.i am die/mold maker, programming badass EDM wirecut machines and printing some parts for robots on FDM printer.i love to work with solidworks.i draw in job - i have a plugin for wirecut in solidworks and i draw in home.mostly :D .in home i have my own full-steel wirecut-maded printer.still drawing and printing someting.and now i have found amazing world of rc tanks.rc tanks are best things to draw.i want to do more of them.
i dont want to use hulls of other tanks or some kind of special techniques.I use only widely available non-printed parts.i want to make 3D printable tanks available for people what dont own any rc tanks.for whole 3D printing community.trying to make rc tanks world wider and more varied because most of RC modellers have 3D printer i think.its only question of design and mechanics to make printed kit user-friendly.
facebook.com/warprints

Return to “Introduce Yourself”