Hello from the US

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jaymillz517
Recruit

Hello from the US

Post by jaymillz517 »

Hello gents, my name is Jay. I'm new to tanks but I've been building custom rc's for a little over 10 years. A few years ago I bought my first military rig, I picked up a 21st Century M16 halftrack and its been collecting dust while I tried to figure out a driveline and chassis. Last month my WPL B1 arrived and I have to admit I've been bit by the builders bug again. I want to build a 6x6 and a few other mil spec trucks, not sure as of yet, a couple scale builds using the B1's bit's and I want to finish the M16. Thanks for having me.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Hello from the US

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along Jay, there’s plenty going on here with the WPL/Heng Long trucks, with a good few 6wd versions, enjoy
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Hello from the US

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello Jay and welcome to the forum from Connecticut USA. Glad to have to aboard! Look around the forum and enjoy the sights and sounds of the contributions of our members from all around the world.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey Jay, welcome to the Dark Side of RC. @)

What state are you in? As you can see, I'm in Detroit (where the weak are killed and eaten). @)

I took one of those 1/18 halftracks and made what I call my "fake scout car". I used a temper 1/24 drive line with the lego tires.

phpBB [video]

I've also been having a ball with the HL/WPL trucks, and the first one has an FPV camera and a high-powered light bar for night driving.

phpBB [video]

Can't wait to see some photos and video of your efforts, and with all that RC experience you should make a valuable additon to our little world. 8) :/ :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just to echo Gary's, welcome, Jay, and say i shall look forward to your input in future. Trucks have become popular here lately, and Gary- the Gandalf of the 1:16 (and now 1:6) World, has gone further than most now with the introduction his all-seeing eyes Truck. He's certainly the Wizard of FPV :D But this forum is rich in knowledgeable contributors, and..er..characters too :haha: :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jaymillz517
Recruit

Post by jaymillz517 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm from Detroit originally but currently live in Lansing. I've been enjoying the info and the amazing builds, especially the tire mods and the 3d bodys. I can't believe how much the 3d printing is changing the hobby.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great to have you along mate..........

There will be a certainty that you will be able to assist many of us through things judging by your experience.
Except of course for "Gandalf -The- Max"..........hes got it going on for sure with the First Person View set up.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Hey Jay,
Welcome!! :clap: Love the camera set ups for remote driving day....or.... night in your case :thumbup: Keep up the great work!! WOW and those lights are awesome!!
Regards,
Dano
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's

Return to “Introduce Yourself”