New Member Saying Hello.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
gp100
Private

Re: New Member Saying Hello.

Post by gp100 »

jarndice wrote:Mike Hi, Dave does have Metal Turret rings for sale,
But I cannot find an image at the moment.
Secondly Dave and Julie are away from today the 8th until the 24th February.
Shaun..
Well, that's cool.. Yeah it would be nice to match up the gears metal to metal.. When he gets back, I might have to put in an order with him..

I'm almost finished with my upgrades.. I just ordered the RVC (Remote Volume Control) from Ian, "Tankbear" to go with the IBU2-Pro.. Now, I just have to finish with 1 or 2 more upgrades, and I'm done with it..

I have one motor on the tank that is seriously lagging.. The 390's that were installed by Taigen on the V2 steel gear set..

But one motor is running hot on the right side and dragging.. So, I ordered a new set of 390's from them.. If this doesn't work, I'll say the heck with it, and locate other motors to replace them with..

Maybe something in a brushless..

What you think?
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

jarndice wrote:Mike Hi, Dave does have Metal Turret rings for sale,
If you click on "DKLM" you will find the small 360 metal ring which is what you need for your Tiger 1 and the large 360 Metal ring for the Tiger 2 and the Abrams etc.
Secondly Dave and Julie are away from today the 8th until the 24th February.
Shaun..
Thanks Shaun,

Yep, just found it with your help.. I'll have to order it when Dave gets back. That's a purchase for sure.. :D
arorangi
Recruit

Post by arorangi »

Thanks Mick
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

HA HA on the picture! Good one.. Nope, not me.. But funny picture..

However, here is a picture in the body suit and makeup.. :thumbup:

gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Fantastic, so cool :thumbup:

Good, I'm glad you wasn't offended by the picture, I love the play on words picture jokes.

Mick.
Hi Mick,

No, not at all my friend.. I have a good sense of humor, and am not easily offended by jokes like that.. I found it very funny.. I love a good joke. That picture is a scream! :haha:

Somebody did a great job with that.

The other picture I posted was when I was in makeup for a shot for the movie I was in.. The amount of work they put into doing the makeup is time consuming.. Takes several hours in the makeup chair..

I was a bad ass in that makeup.. But I wouldn't want to do it again.. very uncomfortable..
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

I think the thing that bothered me the most at times, was the contact lenses we had to wear.. The facial prosthetic was hard enough to wear under the hot lights all day, but the contact lenses would start to irritate your eyes after a while..

Then of course, they spray you down with a type of oil that makes you glisten under the lights.. So now, with all the makeup, and the oil on you, under the lights, you feel like you are really cooking..

It was a fun gig.. But it wasn't easy by any stretch..

I'm glad your grandson enjoyed the movie.. That's why I do it.. For the fans.. I always enjoyed knowing that the fans enjoyed the work we put into a movie.. Without the fans, we are nobody.. The fans make it all worth it..

:)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”