Hello from Holland!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Code501
Private

Hello from Holland!

Post by Code501 »

Hey all,

My name is Rob and have been tinkering with RC tanks since 2009.

I currently own a HL Leopard 2A6, JagdSturmTiger (SturmTiger w/ 128mm PAK 44 from the JagdTiger), a JagdTiger (with 88mm PAK 43), Hooben Elefant, Xion/Metal Origin Puma and a SdKfz 251 PAK 40 halftrack from Christian Ludwig. Most of them are WIP at the moment and all of them are going to have a Clark TK60 or TK24SP. I should also receive a new Tamiya King Tiger kit (56018) with a lot of upgrade parts soon™, which will retain the Tamiya DMD and MF units.

I've also made the connection Diagrams for Clark to make it easier to assemble the electronics and to have a great overview of all the pin outs.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: Hello from Holland!

Post by Marco Peter »

Rob, Welkom!

Zit je ook bij de gezelligste Tankclub van NL, RC Armour Group Holland? :D
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

Marco Peter wrote:Rob, Welkom!

Helaas, ik zit bij het gezellige Battle Tanks Nederland (BTN).
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Mr 501.

Wow, you have been busy, no need to warn you about RC tanks being addictive, nor warn you about the damage they can do to your wallet lol.

So, what's your favourite in your collection?

Mick.
Hi Mick,

My favorite is the 251 halftrack atm. Partly because it's unique, pretty funny to drive and it's going to be IR battle ready.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Code501 wrote:
Marco Peter wrote:Rob, Welkom!

Helaas, ik zit bij het gezellige Battle Tanks Nederland (BTN).
Nobody's perfect hahaha!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello Mr 501 greetings from the United States and a very warm welcome. Great to have you aboard
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome! Anyone who gets as far as assembling a Christian Ludwig kit, is no tinkerer or dabbler. ;) :D
I'm intrigued by your screen name- doesn't code 501 make you some kind of internet error? :eh: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Code501 wrote: My favorite is the 251 halftrack atm. Partly because it's unique, pretty funny to drive and it's going to be IR battle ready.
Oh dear, preferring a half track on a tank forum. . . .

Don't worry Rob, I'll keep your secret ;) :haha:
All time favorite is the King Tiger, but since I don't have my kit yet the 251 will have to do for now :haha:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome! Anyone who gets as far as assembling a Christian Ludwig kit, is no tinkerer or dabbler. ;) :D
I'm intrigued by your screen name- doesn't code 501 make you some kind of internet error? :eh: :thumbup:
I've used the same screen name for over 15 years now and I don't know exactly why I choose this one anymore. :haha: Might have been a reference to the 501 legion from Star Wars.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Rob, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You need little help from us but we will always take help from wherever it might come,
Where in Holland are you from Zaandvoort? Roermond? Eindhoven? or the Dutch alps of Maastricht?
When I was in the service in Germany We would watch the Motor Racing at one place, get rat arse drunk at another place, take the Daf Trucks and Buses to another place for major overhaul, and go "camping" in full NBC wear in the caves at the other place.
I hope you like this place,
We seem somehow to get on with each other no matter where in the World we live, and having shared the weapons, the training areas and the companionship of Dutch servicemen I know how friendly the Dutch are.
I have a very precious memory of watching little Dutch school children laying flowers on the graves of WW2 British soldiers :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

jarndice wrote:Hi Rob, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You need little help from us but we will always take help from wherever it might come,
Where in Holland are you from Zaandvoort? Roermond? Eindhoven? or the Dutch alps of Maastricht?
When I was in the service in Germany We would watch the Motor Racing at one place, get rat arse drunk at another place, take the Daf Trucks and Buses to another place for major overhaul, and go "camping" in full NBC wear in the caves at the other place.
I hope you like this place,
We seem somehow to get on with each other no matter where in the World we live, and having shared the weapons, the training areas and the companionship of Dutch servicemen I know how friendly the Dutch are.
I have a very precious memory of watching little Dutch school children laying flowers on the graves of WW2 British soldiers :thumbup:
Shaun.
Hi Shaun,

I'm from a town called Dordrecht. It's basically on an island near Rotterdam. Best part of the Netherlands is that you don't need to drive hours to reach your destination :haha:

If anyone has questions/needs help with the Clark boards they can always shoot me a message :)
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Hello Rob,
you are very welcome to a great hobby.
I own a scratch build Tiger2 and a Heng Long Tiger1.
I am using a TK-22 in the Tiger 2, the Tiger1 has the latest Heng Long board.
When you picked Clark boards did you do some research?
I am quite happy with the TK-22 but start wondering if it would be worth wile to up grate
Look forward hearing from you.
Walter

Return to “Introduce Yourself”