Hello from Holland!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Code501
Private

Re: Hello from Holland!

Post by Code501 »

walter wrote:Hello Rob,
you are very welcome to a great hobby.
I own a scratch build Tiger2 and a Heng Long Tiger1.
I am using a TK-22 in the Tiger 2, the Tiger1 has the latest Heng Long board.
When you picked Clark boards did you do some research?
I am quite happy with the TK-22 but start wondering if it would be worth wile to up grate
Look forward hearing from you.
Walter
Hi Walter,

I actually started with 2 complete ElMod sets (Pro with BlasterIV and CSI) and both didn't even work. (Which was €600~700 ish total down the drain) They all had some unexplained failures and I went to look for some cheaper alternatives.
This led me to the Clark TK22. (Which was €80 ish at the time) I ordered a testing board, and safe to say, I quite liked it. It was a lot easier to set-up without using the computer. Small downside was the Sony Remote to program it. I overlooked this as the board was exceeding my expectations. Since then, I have also made a whole topic on our own tank club forum with my experiences, some news, technical details and more. It's all in Dutch though... http://www.battletanksnederland.nl/phpB ... =15&t=7031

When the TK60 was launched I ordered it and was quite pleased with the much more realistic engine sound simulation, which was on par with the Benedini TBS Mini (MTK37, TK24 and TK37 also use the same engine sound simulation). The extra channels on the TK60 are also nice, since you don't have to do awkward things with your sticks to get the engine to start or fire your gun.

I now have a TK60SP (128mm JagdSturmTiger), TK60SPG2 (Leopard 2A6), 2 TK24SP (MO Puma and Ludwig 251 Pakwagen), TK37SP (For my future CH Luchs) and I'm currently waiting on the MTK37SP kit for the HL/WPL 4x4 Truck. The 88mm JagdTiger and the Elefant are waiting on a TK60SP at the moment.

TLDR; Yes, I think it would be worthwile to upgrade to a TK24 or just go straight for the TK60. My choice would always be: go for the TK60, unless the space of the vehicle would be a problem. Though, should you want to upgrade your TK22 to a TK24 I would advise you to go for the S.Bus version. You might need to get a different TX and RX, but it's a lot better when everything is spread over 10 channels, than 4 channels.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Hello Rob,
funny that you seem to have had the same experience with Elmod.
Reading all the wonderful reports of the Elmod boards on forums I upgraded to a Elmod Pro.
I did not find the installation as easy as the Clark board,but with Elmods help it went fine.
My tank weighs 15kg and steering it was not as easy, it used to blow the fuse.
Contacting Elmod they simply stated the board was not designed for such a heavy tank.
That was $294 AUD. So back to the TK-22.You can see I am not that quick spending big.
Space is a bit of a problem in my Tiger2 since all the wall thicknesses are scale that leaves less room inside.
I will take your advise and look into the TK-24.
Walter
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Walter :wave: ditto what you were told about the Clark boards. The tk24 Sbus is a really nice board and allows you to put functions on the switches and knobs. If space allows go with the tk60, but the tk24 Sbus will not disappoint. I got my setup from Maxmekker here on the forum. He is tops in my bookImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”