Another hello from the UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
karma99
Recruit

Another hello from the UK

Post by karma99 »

Hey all

Greetings from the south coast of England. Just joined up here after reading for a day or 2.

I got into RC Tanks in mid 2006 after discovering Heng Longs (which were in their infancy at that time) and buying and re-building a Tiger. I used to be active on RCU and wrote up a long build thread on it.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... -done.html

I then bought an HL Pz3 which had a re-model as well
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... iii-n.html

And finally I bought a Pan-Tiger with full metal panther style fittings to rebuild as my favourite tank killer.. the mighty Jagdpanther (I gather HL actually released a proper 1/16 JP a year or so later). However before this build got past the planning stage an opportunity presented itself for me to buy a second hand Mark-1 1/8 Jadgpanther with all the trimmings, which I jumped on! After a quick refurbish I had some fun with it.. and then very shortly afterwards we went and had some children! And between them and starting my own business, that was life on hold for quite a long time.
Jump to 10 years later and I finally have some spare time where I'm not totally exhausted... so last weekend I dragged the JP out from under the stairs where it had been hidden away all this time and set about checking it over. In the process of looking up what types of batteries work well in them, etc I've been reading a few forums and here I am as a new member.

So an old hand, but very much out of circulation for a decade so I've no idea what's cool, what's available and what people are running these days.
However I think I've gone and caught the bug again!
1/16 Heng Long Tiger 1
1/16 Heng Long Panzer III N
1/8 Mark 1 Jagdpanther
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Another hello from the UK

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum. Once you are back up to speed it sound like you will have a lot to offer.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Hello and welcome to the forum
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hello and welcome from the United States
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Judging from the plaudits on RCU, your Tiger turret No 157 certainly made a good impression over the Pond. With good reason, I'd say.. :thumbup:
Welcome to RCTW, where in terms of model building you can dive right in at the Deep End, or just dip your toes in the the Paddling Pool..so to speak. Pics and observations are always welcome though, and so too the occasional jest :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”