New to forum!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Jcr1991
Recruit

New to forum!

Post by Jcr1991 »

Hi everyone my names Jamie and im new to rc tanks,
always loved collecting toys and up until recently have been selling 1/18 model cars that I've modified on eBay but always loved tanks so i bought a heng long m4a3 105, second hand with metal tracks and gears for 100 quid bit of a gamble I know but I saw they were going for a lot more than that on eBay new so I went for it, I'm no good at painting and weathering but i watch loads of tutorials and decided just to let it weather naturally, i love the firefly and to me it's the ultimate sherman so I've just got a barrel and radio box and also t74s with duckbills and a quick spray over with some Greene ish paint just to get an general idea, i recently got a haynes manual on the sherman and it's excellent highly recommend it if u haven't read it, so many variations! So mines probably historically inaccurate but I don't mind. Anyway just a really dragged out hello from me. Cheers
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: New to forum!

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum. We are a friendly bunch. Pretty much anything you may want to know, there is someone here who will know the answer.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jcr1991
Recruit

Post by Jcr1991 »

Hehe yeh it's like that already in my house one big toy shop! Unfortunately it's not my only love..there's the guitars, the motorbike, 1/18 cars, old books and records AND a wife and a halfling! #notenoughtime
Jcr1991
Recruit

Post by Jcr1991 »

Could you tell how to post pics on here?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I use the built in facility. If you use the full editor, scroll down and you find "upload attachment", click on that. Select the image from your computer and the rest is fairly self explanatory. There is a maximum image size of about 2Mb I thnk.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi and welcome to the forum
Jcr1991
Recruit

Post by Jcr1991 »

Ok thanks guys

Return to “Introduce Yourself”