New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
keithp135
Recruit

Post by keithp135 »

Hi
I’m new to radio control but I’ve just built a Torro 1/16th Early Tiger tank. I’ve built a lot of static models before and I’m building a model railway (started it 4 years ago and is a work in progress).
I’ve always been interested in Tanks and WW2 vehicles and aircraft. I built a few plastic kits when I was a kid and carried on intermittently as I grew up. I’m now 50 so I thought I would try building something more challenging with working parts and electronics.
This is proving a little more challenging than I though as I know little about RC electronics. This is why I wanted to join this forum, to gain more knowledge and talk to fellow enthusiasts.

Regards, Keith
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New Member

Post by jarndice »

Hi Keith, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
Where in the world are you because we have just about the whole planet covered :haha:
The Tamiya Tiger 1 is perhaps the best introduction to your new hobby that I can think of,
In the years to come as you look through your many builds this will be the standout Build.
I am assuming you are in the top bracket of earners in the developed world for this pastime empty's your pocket's faster than a junkie on crack :lolno:
Ask all the questions and help us with answers if you know stuff,
Enjoy the Forum and do look through the WHOLE Menu to find out even more about this hobby.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

The radio control part of it does not have to be complex. Some of it is, but using the systems available for Tamiya are pretty straight forward. The stuff that comes with Heng Long and Taigen are pre installed and fairly simple (good introduction). Pick a favorite tank and jump right in.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
keithp135
Recruit

Post by keithp135 »

Hi Shaun
Thanks for the welcome message.
I live in the UK and I'm from a village near Brentwood in Essex.
I hope I can help members if they have any questions but my knowledge about rc is limited.
Keith
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi

Decided to join , long story bust my leg a few years ago so bought a heng long panther to keep me amused.
Did not like the way it worked , started to upgrade thanks to this forum.
Back cycling now, the tanks are a winter hobby now.
Have 4 now newest one a Tamiya Tiger 11, two winters on build lots of missing detail.
Only the panther painted, others are still on build.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”