New guy

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

New guy

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

Hello everyone!

This is my first time here - on a forum, and this is also my first time getting into RC with a tank.
I don't do much DIY, and know nothing about boards, sound systems, servos, motors, and gearboxes; which is one of the reasons I decided to take up the hobby - to explore and try something new and tedious.

I used to build model aircraft and tanks until I ran out of space to put them, now I just maintain them and try to keep them from breaking when someone I know tries to get a little handsy with them. I also fly a DJI Mavic every now and then, but never out of visual range or above treetop level (can't risk it getting shot).

I'm based out of India; but I'm currently in the US - doing things I couldn't do back home (like study without cramming things in my head, and drive a remote controlled tank around without being called a little kid).

In any case, I've started ripping out some grass with a Heng Long T-90, and hope to make some modifications to it soon; without breaking it of course.
Also, pls don't grind me.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: New guy

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum. You can probably find everything you want to know about tanks (and a few things you didn't want to find out!) somewhere in the range of threads here. We are a friendly bunch, generally of sound mind, though it will help if you have a good sense of humour.

Once you have got to grips with what's what and what's where, you will almost certainly have some questions. The threads are broken down into a number of headings. It will help get your question to the right people if you post it in the appropriate area. Enjoy your time here.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

P.S. Is there really a place called Romeoville?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Welcome aboard! I think you'll find a wealth of knowledge here. A friendly group always ready to help a fellow member out, and maybe even have a bit of a laugh! Root around, ask questions, and just generally have a good time.

Just keep in mind, growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Welome to the Forum!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome aboard :thumbup: Your choice of the ' Charge of the Light Brigade' poem calls to mind the excellent film version of it (1968), with David Hemmings, Trevor Howard, and John Gielgud. Great action sequences, and lots of crazy British derring-do. Luckily we don't do folly like that any more :problem: . Hmm... well apart from the Somme, Ypres, Dieppe, and Arnhem....ahem. :shifty:
Do post lots of pics, Hammer. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

silversurfer1947 wrote:P.S. Is there really a place called Romeoville?
I swear there is. Here's the location:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Romeo ... 88.0895061

There's a town called Joliet a few miles from where I live; I guess the Americans have a sense of humour after all. :haha:
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Thanks for the welcome - I'll put up some pictures soon!
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I think you're about the closest member here in the states to me. I'm located at the southern end of Indiana.

Enjoy the forum, enjoy the tanks, and like most of us, act like a little kid every chance you get!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Greetings and welcome from the north east side of our country Prepare your mind and your wallet for the world you have entered.....

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”