Hello from the UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Martin64
Recruit

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Martin64 »

Yes, I am an occasional cyclist, but I don't have any muc off. Will get some tomorrow though, thanks
Martin
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

Now thinking of ordering a Taigan Sherman all metal from rctanks.de. It comes in the wooden box.
Martin
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

Ordered a Taigan Sherman all metal with wooden box from rctanks.de. Should receive it tomorrow or Friday.
Martin
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An excellent choice, Martin. :thumbup: I bought one a couple of years ago (below) and, in my opinion, it's one of the best presented Taigen models you can buy. It fits together with almost Tamiya precision, and the pitting in the turret from 'casting' lends it a fairly authentic look. Now that's from someone who's not even a fan of the Sherman.
Here's mine:
Taigen boxed metal edn. Sherman
Taigen boxed metal edn. Sherman
Mine came from rctank.de
The service from Dominique is consistently excellent.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:An excellent choice, Martin. Image I bought one a couple of years ago (below) and, in my opinion, it's one of the best presented Taigen models you can buy. It fits together with almost Tamiya precision, and the pitting in the turret from 'casting' lends it a fairly authentic look. Now that's from someone who's not even a fan of the Sherman.
Here's mine:
Taigen Sherman.jpeg
Mine came from rctank.de
The service from Dominique is consistently excellent.
That is a most wonderful looking Sherman sirImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Welcome to the forum. Lots of useful information here. Help is always available. All you have to do is ask.

By the way, you may care to rephrase your original statement. There is no such thing as "getting A tank". You are about to take part in one of the most addictive hobby known to man. It is not possible to stop at one tank.
Can attest to the truth of this statement. Bought one - ended up getting two more. Oh, how mad my girlfriend was.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

It does look quite impressive. I will be able to battle with my Taigan Tiger 1 now with the ir battle system.
Martin
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

Received the Taigan Sherman from rctanks.de, its an excellent model. Got the bug now, so thinking of getting a Taigan all metal King Tiger as well.
Martin
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Martin64 wrote:Received the Taigan Sherman from rctanks.de, its an excellent model. Got the bug now, so thinking of getting a Taigan all metal King Tiger as well.
Martin
Well, as Oscar Wilde once said, 'The only way to overcome temptation is to yield to it' (or something like that, and he certainly yielded to it a bit too often :haha: ). I got one of those from Dominique. It was my second tank, and arrived in such a near perfect (off-the-production-line to the regiment) look, that i didn't want to age it, or tamper with it. Straight out of the box, all I dared to do (then) was add some decals. This airsoft beast weighs quite a bit, and is not recommended for those with a hernia risk, or a slipped disc.. :D . This is what it looked like out of the box; but with decals added:
Torro-Taigen King Tiger metal edition
Torro-Taigen King Tiger metal edition
Hope you don't mind inducing you to spend even more on tanks, especially with Christmas coming. :wave:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

Hi,
Impressive looking, I am going to order the IR battle system version,as my Tiger 1 and Sherman are both IR
Martin

Return to “Introduce Yourself”