Hello from the UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Martin64
Recruit

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Martin64 »

Thanks, I will try tapatalk, but I would normally take any photos with a normal camera, not my mobile.
Martin
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum and happy tanking, re the photos I use Imgur which is free and you can load any size photos to there, and the put the links in your posts.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Nice choice of tank Martin, I also bought that same tank from the same vendor about 18 months ago, as you say it's VERY HEAVY but it's a great running tank and it will plough through anything :D try installing tapatalk on your mobile I use this to upload all my photos on the site and its a free app to use :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Good tip, it's a bit tedious re-sizing pictures :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

As I said, I never use my iPhone for photos, so I will be using a camera.How can I put photos from a camera(uploaded to iMac) onto any of my posts? Thanks
Martin
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Martin64 wrote:As I said, I never use my iPhone for photos, so I will be using a camera.How can I put photos from a camera(uploaded to iMac) onto any of my posts? Thanks
Martin
I use the iPhone 6, as well as a Canon SLR, Martin. Uploading directly from an iMac (as I do) is fairly straightforward. Firstly, create a folder somewhere and call it something 'Tank Warfare pics'. Whenever you upload shots from the iPhone or your camera to the Mac photos app, you can mail selected photos to yourself. In Photos, click the 'share' icon, then choose, 'mail'. Photos allows you to choose the size for the snaps to be sent in. Generally, I go for 'Large'...as you can trim the size later, if necessary. When the photo arrives in your 'inbox,' suitable resized by the photos app, you can then 'save' it in your 'Tank Warfare Pics' folder. This is the folder you point the browser to when you are ready to upload photos to RCTW.
Generally, photos need to be under 351KB in size to be accepted.
If you need to, you can resize the photos in the folder to conform with RCTW rules by using the 'Preview' programme to shrink or crop the pics. There might be a more direct way of doing it, but this process gets my shots on the site with ease.
What's more, the photos are not held to ransom by Dick Turpin sites like Photobucket (Photoracket..) :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention the Forum limits for pixel size. Generally, if your photo has fairly normal proportions and comes to under 351kb altogether, it will post without a problem. Sometimes, though, there is an issue with pixel size.
The Forum allows a max of 1920 x 1080 pixels. There's a wee discussion on the subject towards the end of this Tiger thread I started. :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=23268&p=213511&hi ... it#p213511
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

Thanks for that. I am going to take a couple of photos this afternoon and try uploading them!
Martin
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Martin, if you go to imgur.com and upload to there, you can create your own albums and there is no charge. I load all my pics to there (obviously keeping a backup). Then if you click on a pic you will see a little down arrow, click on it and select get share links, click on copy BBCode Copy button, then in your rcw post just paste and it will automatically link and retrieve your pic from imgur.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

Just took a couple of photos this afternoon,and then the heavens opened.
Martin
Martin64
Recruit

Post by Martin64 »

P1010305.jpg
Okay, here goes with the photos!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”