Good Manners.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Re: Good Manners.

Post by panzerschreck »

I suppose you might also say it is a sign of the digital, "instant access to the data I need now" age...

People are simply focused on the information they need, without the considerations of social convention, such as formal introductions. You may call it bad manners, or simply a re-defining of human interaction(s) via the medium of cyberspace 8| 8|

Then again, I was born in an age where children could still eat with cutlery and did tell their teachers to "go f @) @) k themselves..." :silent: :silent:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

"Manners maketh man"..but not modeller, it would appear :D Still, for those wishing to join who have already passed Wibbly's 52.5 year requirement, there's a good chance they might not recall their own names-without an effort, and still less, the reason for quizzing the Forum in the first place. That might be to do with the membership's fondness for arm bending (just look at the array of booze bottles present in pics, if you're in doubt :lolno: ), or age related amnesia.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Eastern Front wrote:Gentlemen,

I just have to chime in on this one.

first, I would like to say that if you encounter someone with no manners, please correct them otherwise they will accept their bad behavior as normal (trust me, my wife corrects my vocabulary when I am in a hurry and take short cuts in the language)

In todays age of texting, a lot is lost, there is no face to face confrontation therefore it is very easy to be inconsiderate of others. Lack of consideration of other people is very bad and just snowballs around us. Example, I am from Texas, have great manners (yes, over 53) I address everyone as sir and ma'am and refuse to answer any email from a smart phone when someone doesn't at least show the courtesy of signing their name! I will slow down a bit to allow someone to pull out of a drive on a busy street---an no, they down even acknowledge my courtesy to them. A person could argue "why bother" well if I can reach someone, just one I have made a difference!

I have raised my children to be the same as I am, to respect others and their opinion, it does not mean to cave to confrontation but to at least pause and consider the other person's view or opinion.

Never stop trying to change the world around you, always be upbeat and positive, it will rub off!

Regards
Glenn B (AKA Eastern Front)

Well said Glenn. :thumbup:
It all comes down to education.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro