Hi folks

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
endure
Recruit

Re: Hi folks

Post by endure »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Just to make sure you are aware that the kit does NOT include the necessary Taigen transmitter, receiver and electronics which is another £60.
£280 is quite a reasonable price to pay for a kit and radio isn't it? I really fancy building it rather than just getting it out of the box and sticking batteries in.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Hi there Endure.
I personnally wouldn't bother with Heng Long.
Taigen or Torro are head and shoulders above HL in build quality and reliablity, plus much of them are metal which makes the tank feel...well.....like a tank
If you want to build a kit as opposed to a ready to run model, go for the TaigenTorro ones for the same reasons.

Also, Taigen and Torro are about to add an add on sound module to give a more realistic sound....
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tiggr It has to be pointed out that there are some advantages of a HENG LONG BODY over the TAIGEN BODY, It is CHEAPER and the Taigen Quick release fits fine and of course the Heng Long Body fits the Taigen Metal Hull as well as the Taigen Body,
And also this is important and needs pointing out to anyone putting detail into the Tank Body
the tools on the Heng Long body are merely popped in place and just pop out so upgrading to metal tools is a doddle and the Feifal Air Cleaner pipe Clamps are held in place by working countersunk screws,
The Taigen Tools are moulded onto the body and are a genuine pain in the a*s to remove by scraping and filing and trying to avoid damaging the surrounding area, and the Plastic Feifal Air Cleaner Pipe Clamps are glued into the body,
These are not the signs of Progress and of course the Aerial Stowage Tube is still duplicated on both sides so more work you should not need to do.
I know which Tiger 1 body I will continue buying at least until Taigen/Torro get there act together.
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
endure
Recruit

Post by endure »

Tiggr - thanks for that. If you were a noob and you were going to buy your first cheap and cheerful RTR tank which one would you choose?

jarndice - as this will be my first tank I don't think I'll be needing to worry about the finer details yet but thanks for the info anyway.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

I would buy a Taigen Tiger 1.
I personnally don't lose any sleep over moulded in tools - Taigen(and Torro) make up for this minor shortcoming with the rest of the quality
Yes the aerial stowage tool is duplicated too but most RC tank guys are not concerned over minutiae- but you can go into that detail if it is what floats your boat.
(I should point out that I admire those that do super detail but it's not for me).
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

What tanks are you interested in? They all run OK (at least I've not seen anyone say one is undrivable!) so really comes down to preference and upgrades (again if interested).
endure
Recruit

Post by endure »

That's the problem. I don't really know. I'm starting with a complete lack of knowledge. I'm just attracted to the mechanics rather than the history if you see what I mean.
RobW

Post by RobW »

Suppose the most mechanically interesting could be the King Tiger? Dave's got pics of all of them (bar T90) here http://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c1/ ... ducts.html Otherwise try and get to the GLAD meet next Sunday (I think it's next Sunday!).
endure
Recruit

Post by endure »

I'm waiting to see if it is! I'm not too far away from Grantham so it would be a nice day out and I can have a look close up at some tanks.
RobW

Post by RobW »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23154

There you go - you now need to talk nicely to Mr Forgebear so that he can take lots of money off you.... :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”