Another newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Barthez
Recruit

Another newbie

Post by Barthez »

Hello,
I'm new to rc tanks, my wife bought me the Taigen tiger kit for Christmas. No electrics but I have been building Rc warships for a while and have enough spare radio gear to have the tiger up and running, albeit in basic form.
That was my plan until I found this forum and you tube videos, plus I was given an old Heng Long panzer iv, working but not in the best of condition. After a quick track shedding bb firing rampage though my wife's flower bed I have decided to get the tiger fully functioning. She's more or less built up I'm just deciding on the paint scheme. Warships are so much easier on that front grey and grey.

I will also be painting the panzer iv and adding the missing parts hopefully it will look less toy like when I'm done.
I may need to pick your collective brains.

Regards
Paul
Tiger 1
Mowag Piranha 3C
Stridsvagen 103C
Aussie
Corporal

Re: Another newbie

Post by Aussie »

G'day Barthez.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Welcome to the forum. Have a look through the various threads and you will find plenty of information and inspiration. If you get stuck or there's something you can't find the answer to, just ask. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

We love photos, so look forward to seeing your tanks and the work you will be doing.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Barthez
Recruit

Post by Barthez »

Thanks chaps, sorry for the late reply. It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest, the wealth of information on this site.
I usually build model boats and in comparison to those sites this one has far more info.
When I get stuck in I will post some pics.

Cheers
Barthez

This is my usual sort of modelling, a simpler colour scheme

http://pbmw.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/uss-columbus.html
Tiger 1
Mowag Piranha 3C
Stridsvagen 103C
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great to have you along mate............Tiger eh !!...........(hey lads- hes going to be an addict-just saying) very sound choice of starters thanks to the Mrs :thumbup: :thumbup:
Plenty of guidance, and advice where needed.
One thing to remember though..........like all advice, take what you need to, and add the rest as you want to(if you have kids-same advice !) It's your tank and your happiness & thats what matters most ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon and Welcome to the Forum.
Herman has given you some great advice. It is your tank so detail it and paint as you see fit. RC Tanking is a joy based Hobby where the kid in all of us will find a lifetimes worth of fun. Pictures please when you get the chance. We enjoy chatting around here and kicking the virtual road wheels.
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

G'day Mate!

Just joined this site myself and spotted your username!! Have fun tanking bud!! :wave: :wave:

Cheers Bruce
Barthez
Recruit

Post by Barthez »

Hello again,
Sorry for not replying I had quite a break from modelling , life work and all the stuff that goes with them got on the way and only got around to tanks a month or two ago. I now have some shed time to get stuck in
After building ships for years tanks are a real learning curve. I started to build an s103c in 1/10th I will post some pics soon.
Cheers Paul
Tiger 1
Mowag Piranha 3C
Stridsvagen 103C
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Barthez wrote:Hello again,
Sorry for not replying I had quite a break from modelling , life work and all the stuff that goes with them got on the way and only got around to tanks a month or two ago. I now have some shed time to get stuck in
After building ships for years tanks are a real learning curve. I started to build an s103c in 1/10th I will post some pics soon.
Cheers Paul
:O Break? That's more like another chapter from Rip Van Winkle :D
Rip Van Winkle.jpg
Rip Van Winkle.jpg (21.54 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Good to have you back, and anxious to festoon this thread with some interesting pix!! :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Barthez
Recruit

Post by Barthez »

Thank you …Yeah I kind of lost a few years here and there

Paul
Tiger 1
Mowag Piranha 3C
Stridsvagen 103C

Return to “Introduce Yourself”