Tiger2

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
walter
Sergeant

Tiger2

Post by walter »

20170304_115038 (Small).jpg
I am Walter from Geelong and finished scratch building a 1/16 scale all metal Tiger2. I joined the forum in order to exchange ideas with like minded fellow hobbyists.
Attachments
20170921_154257 (Small).jpg
20170921_154257 (Small).jpg (83.67 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
20170921_153920 (Small).jpg
20170921_153920 (Small).jpg (82.34 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Build this T-34 tank in 1965 from a East German hobby magazine that was published in the early fifties. The tank is totally made from brass and soft soldered together it weighs 8.5 Kg. Each track has 62 links and is made from steel. The gun fires 4.5mm caliber bullets.
Build this T-34 tank in 1965 from a East German hobby magazine that was published in the early fifties. The tank is totally made from brass and soft soldered together it weighs 8.5 Kg. Each track has 62 links and is made from steel. The gun fires 4.5mm caliber bullets.
20170921_153957 (Small).jpg (89.92 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Torsion bar suspention
Torsion bar suspention
Track tentioner
Track tentioner
Last edited by walter on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tiger2

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very Very good to have you along mate. A scratch built Tiger eh..............Geelong eh :shifty: Used the empty Ford plant to build it did you ??!!

Pictures when you can, sure will be great to catch a look at it. :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

He used the empty Ford sheds to build.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum Walter :wave: :clap: :thumbup:
Scratchbuilt Metal Tiger 2 eh, Thank goodness you started into this hobby with something good and easy, What Electrics and Gearboxes are you using.?
At this point in welcoming someone to the Forum I say if you have any questions please ask us only I think we may be asking you the questions :haha:
Enjoy this place Walter,
I look forward to hearing more about your future plans in 1/16 RC Armour.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi Walter, welcome aboard from Detroit! I can't wait to see photos of your KT. It's always good to see an experienced modeler join up.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Hi all,
I am sorry that it has taken so long for a replay I just had to many other commitments. Thank you all for making feel welcome it is very much appreciated. To answer some questions the tank is scratch build weighs 15 kg is mainly aluminium the smaller parts are from brass. As a controller I first used a Elmod Pro but had many problems with it mainly steering the tank without blowing the fuse. The Elmod people where responsive but where saying the controller can not handle 15 kg. So i tried the Clark TK22 and am very happy with it. As gear boxes I used the Taigen Premium Series 3 very good quality. The whole project gave me great satisfaction and my even jet start building a Tiger1
I am new to forums. And would like to post some pictures but find it very difficult how to.
Walter
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum Walter :wave: :clap: :thumbup:
Scratchbuilt Metal Tiger 2 eh, Thank goodness you started into this hobby with something good and easy, What Electrics and Gearboxes are you using.?
At this point in welcoming someone to the Forum I say if you have any questions please ask us only I think we may be asking you the questions :haha:
Enjoy this place Walter,
I look forward to hearing more about your future plans in 1/16 RC Armour.
Shaun.
Hi Shaun thank you for your welcome.
In replay to scratch building a Tiger 2 being an easy project. I must disappoint you I found it was not an easy project at all. Every thing is on a different angle nothing is square. And to make it more difficult I wanted to be able to take the tank apart in all its individual pieces .So all the pieces had to be screwed together. Drilling and tapping was quite some challenge. For controller I use a TK-22 and as a gear box a Taigen series 3 1:5
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You are back just in time mate.
Also good timing as your guys will surely make the AFL Grand Final eh ;)

Your're certainly some sort of engineer/model Swami, as your work is surreal :clap:

Have you settled on a paint scheme for your King Tiger as yet ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”