Hello from Worcester West Midlands.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
THUMPER
Recruit

Hello from Worcester West Midlands.

Post by THUMPER »

Hello!

I'm Tom 32 from Worcester, mechanical engineer by trade.

My modelling has been intermittent since my early teens but my interest in tanks has been solid.
I play a lot of WOT blitz and run an clan called the old boys brigade, it's basically a clan for older folk to moan about the youngsters thrashing us.

I was brought a HL bulldog about 5 years back by my good lady wife, I absolutely loved the painting and weathering aspect of it, Sadly having a young child that had learnt to climb even the highest of shelves meant the bulldog fell to its death about 2 years ago and in the attic it went to collect dust.

Since then I've made a dozen 1/32 AFV's but nothing's really exited me since having that fully functional R/C.

So now it's time. I'm in full research and preparation mode. Combining my scratch model making skills and WOT love affair with this tank I'm going to take the plung at converting a 1/16 m26 pershing into the T26E4 super Pershing. I fell in love with this tank after reading belton coopers "death traps" and being a child of the 80's the story of how the super Pershing came to be was reminiscent of the A-team! It really intrigued me.

I've not decided on a base m26 yet that's partly the reason for joining here, to get some info. I'll certainly keep you guys posted on my progress and I'm sure you'll have some noob questions coming from me soon.

Thanks for reading
Tom
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello from Worcester West Midlands.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Tom. There's nothing like having a goal to kick at, and you certainly seem to have one with your wished for Pershing conversion. I'm sure we'll enjoy pics of your progress, as well as the 'slings and arrows' or ups and downs of the process. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Hello from Worcester West Midlands.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good onya for getting involved mate, the M26 is a tough gig when compared to other available options, but there are many choice specimens to glean info from (Mr Painless has had one that rates highly)
Remember, its your tank, your way, and we are happy to help any way we can :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”