newbie from south manchester

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jbarragan
Recruit

newbie from south manchester

Post by jbarragan »

hi guys

new to this tank business, but have various other rc toy and modelling experience.

looking at doing a heng long challenger 2 :D so any tips and advice is very welcome.

the main thing I'm after guidance on is upgrading electronics as it seems considerably more involved than most other applications. I'm also very keen on learning about gsu and how to go about it. if anybody could point me to an in depth topic that would be much appreciated.

thanks for any help in advance.

cheers josh
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: newbie from south manchester

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome to the Forum, Josh
If you have a quick browse though the 'Search' feature here, you'll find plenty of references to the Challenger 2, or 'Chally'. So, I think you've probably come to the right place. :thumbup:
Last year, and especially on the run up to Christmas, where the Chally appeared for a while the most wanted present... (or spot of ' well-deserved' self-indulgence :haha: :haha: )..fevered discussions were taking place about future mods and customisation. That future is now, of course....and so... Anyway, dig in. There are a brace of recent threads on the topic of Gun Stabilisation too. They'll keep you busy... :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Welcome to the forum , we have meetings once a month see here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21546
If you come along and just want info, no tank to run it wont cost you anything,the next meeting is the 18th dec. I think Ian Tankbear will be at meeting he sells the IBU , some of the meetings Dave Forgebear attends and he sells upgrade parts for most of the tanks . Having a chat with club members will save you a lot of money and time we have made all the mistakes and know what is possible and how to fix and repair and upgrade all the tanks on the market.We also run trucks and cars rock crawlers, some guys even have boats and subs.

regards pete
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

Great to have you here on the forum you have picked a great place!
As Pete say's come to one of our meets if you can make it.
We have a member who has done a lot of mods on the challenger he would be happy to talk about what he has done :thumbup:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
jbarragan
Recruit

Post by jbarragan »

cheers guys id definitely be up for coming along some time to the MAD meeting, not sure I can make it this month unfortunately but will definitely be there in the new year! thanks again :thumbup:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”