Hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
gisalook
Lance Corporal

Hi

Post by gisalook »

Hi guys.
My name is Adrian and I'm from South Wales im new to this tank thing. Had loads of RC stuff.
Loads of Helicopters, Cars,Planes Rock crawlers and now im thinking of getting a tank or two but don't tell the wife.
I'm thinking of the Taigen Panther, Taigen Panzer IV or the Taigen Tiger/King Tiger.
I like the looks of the Panzer IV but the narrow tracks do put me off a bit.
Any info would be great.
Thanks Adrian :thumbup: :thumbup:
The South will rise again.

That's South Wales mun Boyo.
.U.K.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Hi

Post by jackalope »

Hello and welcome! You're kinda lucky loads of members in your area to maybe check out some of the tanks you mentioned. I have 2 Taigen Tigers, a Taigen/Torro King Tiger and a Torro Jagdtiger all really cool tanks.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Adrian, Welcome to the Forum, :clap: :thumbup: :wave:
Of the Tanks you have placed on your wish list, Most of us at some time get ourselves a Tiger 1.
It is probably a better choice for a first Tank because it is first of all great value for money, It is available with a metal hull and it has a lot of upgrades available, There is a lot of internal space which makes any work you do less likely to cause broken connections and because most of us have bought/built one+ we can help you with any questions you might have,
The PZ 4 is a great Tank, again a lot of upgrades are available,
I am a little puzzled by your doubts on the width of its tracks, ??? You should have a look at British Tanks of that era. !!! Remember it was a medium Tank and until the T34 and the German copy the Panther came along all medium Tanks tracks were quite narrow.
I offer a word of advise about the PZ4. It is all Plastic/ABS, 1/16 r/c tanks benefit from having a metal hull and it is the only German Tank of WW2 that does not offer a "DECENT" metal hull as an upgrade, "ASIATAM" sell a PZ4 Metal hull and from personal experience and that of other members of the Forum I would give it a very wide berth.
Enjoy this place we do.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
gisalook
Lance Corporal

Post by gisalook »

Hay guys.
Thank you for the good advice I think a Tiger1 it is then.
Adrian
The South will rise again.

That's South Wales mun Boyo.
.U.K.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”