Hello from France

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
ra272
Recruit

Hello from France

Post by ra272 »

Hello, I'm Michel from France I'm 42 years old. I mostly play with rc cars (for more than 20 years now), but I also like rc warbirds and more recently Rc tanks.

I don't really like RTRs, so I began with a Torro Tiger 1 kit, with Tk22 and Benedini mini Tbs, then I restored an old 56004 Tamiya King Tiger from 1981(the old version with one motor and dual clutch).

Here they are.

And now I'm building a Jagdtiger based on a cheapo plastic Henglong King Tiger. I'll start new post in the right section to show you those tanks.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Hello from France

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Bonsoir Mon Ami
You certainly have got off to a roaring start.
That Jagdtiger is impressive, a long way from a humble King Tiger to a full blown Jagd and I commend you for it.

Please feel encouraged to post and ask anything you like, though it may be already addressed by those that hang here, it is new for you.
Also, please take the time to check into the clubs long history of builds. There are many ideas, and plenty of useful lessons that have been made by others before, that can help a guy out.

Good to have you along mate, quality machines you have there.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Bonjour Michel, And Welcome to the Forum, :wave: :thumbup: :clap: You have just met the BOSS who has offered as ever, sound advise, We thrive on questions please ask anything you want (about 1/16 RC Armour) someone will know the answer and if you know stuff then please tell us.
I do like what you have done to your Tigers :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Hello and welcome! Good looking fleet you have started there and am I to understand that you are building a Jagdtiger from an old King Tiger?
ra272
Recruit

Post by ra272 »

Thank you all, very helpfull forum that allready provided me very good advice for my IBU2.
jackalope wrote:Hello and welcome! Good looking fleet you have started there and am I to understand that you are building a Jagdtiger from an old King Tiger?
I'm building a Jagdtiger from a Henglong (Torro) Henschel King Tiger. It was new and has never run: cut in in three parts right out of the box. :haha:

jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Wow that is truly impressive you're build your own JT from a KT! Will you be stretching the lower hull to get the correct idler wheel spacing? I mean honestly with what you've done it's already impressive.
ra272
Recruit

Post by ra272 »

I'll start a new post about the Jagdtiger in the Henglong section soon.
Panther Ausf G
Corporal

Post by Panther Ausf G »

Hi ra272
Welcome to the forum. :wave:
A very nice start.
Your squadron will get ever larger at the expence & demise of your wallet :haha: :haha:
Keep building/modifying, enjoy but post the piccy;s :thumbup:
We do not stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”