Hello From Canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
daviddunlop
Private

Hello From Canada

Post by daviddunlop »

Hello Gentlemen.

Just joined earlier today and thought I would spend some of the evening getting familiar with all the sections of the forum. Getting checked in here first seemed appropriate.

I am looking forward to getting to know you, and it's comforting to realize that the RC Tank Affliction has claimed so many victims and recognizes no borders!!! Someone once told me drinking Navy Rum helps, so I haven't touched a drop in years.

Regards,

David
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello From Canada

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Hi David,
Welcome to the forum!  :)
Mart
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by BIGMIG »

Hello David,
      Thanks for posting here and giving us the chance to say Hello and a big Welcome to the forum.We hope you will feel at home here as we all do,and as you may allready know there are a bunch of great members here. ;D ;D

BIGMIG  ;) ;)
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey David,

welcome to our forum and hope to enjoy your time here! ;D

welcome aboard! :D :D :D

Matt
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

Welcome to the forum David, hope you will find it helpful for any research on new builds or problem solving you may be having, so what and how many tanks do you have ;D ;D (pics are always good)
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

hi david  and welcome to the forum, i'm glad you could make it, you'll find everyone here as mad as a hatter, but friendly and helpfull
so enjoy youre stay

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
DOG
Lance Corporal

Post by DOG »

Hi David Pic's :P :P
HL PANZER III & IV WSN T34 TAMIYA SHERMAN,TIGER I, KING TIGER,PANTHER G.
daviddunlop
Private

Post by daviddunlop »

Hello Again Gentlemen.

With regards to the inquiry about what I have in Tanks at the moment, I only have an HL Tiger I That I purchased a number of years ago. It was an original non-smoker and a bit of a drunk jack rabbit to control. As soon as I found Mato Toys, I very quickly upgraded to the full smoker kit and metal gear boxes. Much better performer now.

In the interim, I have been collecting a lot of upgrade parts. The end goal will be an early pattern Tiger I, probably with Emod electronics and a Futaba Tx of some form. Once I have all the critical bits on hand, the first major step will be a full disassembly and a full upper hull conversion to the Tamiya Tiger I turret assembly with aluminum barrel. Once the upper hull is sorted out, I will then complete a full switch to metal suspension in the lower hull and upgrade lighting for headlamps ,rear Notek lamp and one or both machine guns.

I will do a full photo documentation of the process, but the only photos so far are the original, out of box, boring stuff. It will likely be a long process, but my wife hopes...one that will keep me out of mischief!

Best regards,

David
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

welcome to the forums David, have you any pictures of your tiger

Return to “Introduce Yourself”