new to the site

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
ninjaman
Recruit

new to the site

Post by ninjaman »

hi all I'm in the start to building a challenger 2 tank from scratch I'm using a 1/35 scale tank and scaling it up to a 1/4 scale I know its going to take some time I love this tank and it is going to be a challenge so hoping be here will help and make some new friends on the way.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: new to the site

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! That’s certainly going to be quite a huge model. I look forward to seeing it being created. You must be young and strong!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Sir!

WOW, a Very ambitious project! :thumbup: Will be using 3D printing?

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Looking forward to seeing this take shape. Welcome!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Zowie! Welcome: one-quarter scale? This I have to see. I hope you will provide pictures and keep us up to date. I believe there are a few here on RCTW who could actually manage such a project, so you will be intriguing us all. Will you be able to ride in it?

Many of you have seen this already: https://youtu.be/crm-dP0We4M
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:O Well, I like your ambition!. :thumbup: :D There's probably not a front door in Britain that will allow a 1/4 scale Challenger 2 to pass through. o- Maybe you create a sort of bespoke giant catflap. Then again, because it's a Challenger, I kind of assumed that you're UK-based. Whereabouts are, you, in fact?
Anyway, no doubt we'll all be fascinated to see how you manage this, and the solutions you come up with along the way. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
ninjaman
Recruit

Post by ninjaman »

hi all thanks for your reply yes I am in the uk west midlands and no I'm not using a 3d printer it all going to be done by hand I know it's not going to be easy but it's something I want to do I will take pinchers all along the way I'm working on the lower hull at the moment .
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello and welcome Ninjaman,

Wow, that will be an undertaking of epic proportions! A worthy project no doubt! Keep us informed, we'll all be watching with rapt attention! With all the amazing artists and builders here, at least you'll have lots of brainpower to pull from if needed!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”