Hello from New England

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Postby Hemifan » Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Greetings to the forum...

I have been a modeler for years and have recently become interested in RC tanks after catching a few Youtube vids with amazing projects and some web research. Currently, I have a Heng Long Sherman M4A3 and a Tiger I on the way. The plan to detail and upgrade both as accurate as I am able by scratch building with materials on hand or 3d printing parts and accessories. The Tiger is an Ebay parts project that has most all of the major assembly minus the tool attachments for the hull as well as missing a metal track and drive sprocket that I hope to source before having to purchase a new set.

The Sherman is the first up for detailing. Metal road wheels and suspension will replace the plastic ones current on the model. I have assembled the M2 .50 adding sights with styrene plastic and some stowage ammo boxes made from popscicle sticks along with 3d printed jerry cans and pail. Tarps will come next and hull detailing with the scratch bits and those that came with the Sherman. I may add more crew members as budget allows. Finally a new paint job with light weathering.

Thank you for having this site available for us hobbyists. It is a terrific resource.
Attachments
sherman.jpg
sherman.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Hemifan
Recruit

Postby jarndice » Sun May 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I hope we come to be more than a resource to you over the coming years but we welcome any (Semi) relevant questions as well as just about anything that you can twist into matters concerning us :lolno:
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Jimster » Sun May 02, 2021 10:44 pm

Welcome from Illinois. I think you’re really going to enjoy it here.
Jimster
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Mon May 03, 2021 1:57 pm

Enjoy giving a bit of extra character to the Sherman, before the Tiger, that's waiting in the wings (or the dread Bocage... 8O ) grabs your attention, as it certainly will. :thumbup:
I hope you have plenty of storage space available, as the hobby has the well-known, and well-documented side-effect of armour acquisitiveness. :D
I call it 'Turret Syndrome' :lolno:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby Jimster » Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm

“I call it 'Turret Syndrome”
Oh brother! :haha:
Jimster

Postby jarndice » Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Or perhaps Terrets ******* syndrome which considering the language emanating from my workshop would be even more apt :{ :lolno:
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Mon May 03, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi there, HemiFan! :think: that moniker sure suggests another interest of yours. I'd guess you are somewhere in the US (I'm in Wisconsin), given the Hemi interest and the Sherman. I have a friend who has quite a few of those Hemi thingies, real ones, that is, and I have enough Shermans to take on a Tiger with a few left over. :haha:

Hey, 43rd: "turret" syndrome? Oh, you sure twisted that one around! :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby Jimster » Mon May 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Our Challenger has a 6.4L Hemi. Does that count?
Jimster

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Tue May 04, 2021 3:43 am

Good enough for me! As you might guess, I was referring to the MoPar polyglass burners of fifty years ago. Nonehtless, among the US automakers attempts to revive the "Pony Cars" of the late 'sixties and early 'seventies, at first Dodge got the look right. Is yours one of the newer ones or one of the vintage ones?
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby Jimster » Tue May 04, 2021 4:03 am

2017 Scat Pack. Pardon the thread hijacking. I’ve gotta quit doing that!
Jimster

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Tue May 04, 2021 3:50 pm

Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea dongivadamn maxima culpa. :O
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 pm

jarndice wrote:Or perhaps Terrets ******* syndrome which considering the language emanating from my workshop would be even more apt :{ :lolno:

:shh: :shh: ..That would be 'Tourette's Syndrome', Shaun... :shh: :D I often wondered what would happen to someone with the Tourette's effing Tic on Jury service... :problem: :D

...and, of course, back to the Sherman!. Sorry about the derailment.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby EAO » Wed May 05, 2021 12:21 am

Hemifan,

Great to have you with us! As you can see, things do go slightly astray at times! It does tend for some very interesting reading and thought provoking musings! :haha: That is a nice Sherman you have there too! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Sergeant

Postby jarndice » Wed May 05, 2021 7:58 am

43rdRecceReg wrote:
jarndice wrote:Or perhaps Terrets ******* syndrome which considering the language emanating from my workshop would be even more apt :{ :lolno:

:shh: :shh: ..That would be 'Tourette's Syndrome', Shaun... :shh: :D I often wondered what would happen to someone with the Tourette's effing Tic on Jury service... :problem: :D

...and, of course, back to the Sherman!. Sorry about the derailment.

Once many years back I came into the company of a boy about 8 years old who was feffing and blinding like an infantryman,
I am an old soldier and it was too much even for me,
I asked him to use more temperate language and he in the innocence of youth asked Why ???
I felt genuinely sorry for that young man and not a little anger at his parents.
English is a very flexible language when compared to French/German/Russian and I enjoy playing with it so I was trying to merge Turret and Tourette to flatter your comment,
Patently obviously I failed :{ as you say Roy back to the Sherman.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby jee » Sat May 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Welcome, nice Sherman
jee
Recruit

Return to Introduce Yourself