Greetings from Kitchener Ont Canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Greetings from Kitchener Ont Canada

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I would start with the Tamiya Tiger. It has recoil which the Sherman does not.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Robert Johnson
Recruit

Post by Robert Johnson »

What's your favourite tank . Money no object.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome Robert Johnson (and James Brown), a bluesy-band duo! I am here just south of the border in the land you accurately describe as "nuts." My take: nuttier than pecan porridge. Being of the requisite age category, I may soon get my vaccinations. Fly to Canada, hunh? :think:
Robert Johnson
Recruit

Post by Robert Johnson »

At least you can get vaccine. Canada got hosed from physer. We payed for it . But no vaccine. They're upgrading factory. I'm a civil engineer and wife is an icu nurse. We're classified as essential workers, but don't qualify. But politicians are vaccinated. What value do they offer. No shortage of politicians,go to any used car lot.
Robert Johnson
Recruit

Post by Robert Johnson »

At least you can get vaccine. Canada got hosed from physer. We payed for it . But no vaccine. They're upgrading factory. I'm a civil engineer and wife is an icu nurse. We're classified as essential workers, but don't qualify. But politicians are vaccinated. What value do they offer. No shortage of politicians,go to any used car lot.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Blues? Well my all-time favourite song would be Parchman Farm Blues, by Bukka White. Though Gershwin's 'Summertime' (for a caucasian writer), has to be about the sweetest, and I often play it on the guitar. :thumbup:
Your namesake died aged 27, and that's a bogey age for some musicians (Jim Morrison,
Janice Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Curt Cobain, Brian Jones...and, bizarrely, many more)
but--if you're as old as the dirt, well, at least you're not in it :D Long may it be so, RJ.
Welcome to to the Crossroads of RC tanks, and Warfare (and much more besides :lolno: ) :thumbup:
Oh yes, my current Tamiya favourite is the tank-hunting Jagdpanther. Before that, the Panzer IV got its hooks into me.
But you may want to look at models that do more for the bucks- that is: those with flashing lights, convincing sound effects, and even fire BBs as well as battle silently (IR).
Even those that lay bridges. You'll find them all here, somewhere.
Right now, i think you have enough to be going on with :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Robert Johnson
Recruit

Post by Robert Johnson »

Yesterday I orderd the Matomart 1/16 all metal King Tiger. But today I received e-mail from Matomart . The King Tiger wouldn't be available for some time. So Matomart convinced me to purchase the all metal Tiger 1 at a discount. So I said yes. Anyone have any impressions about beast. Ways about 15lbs.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have never owned a Mato Tank but I do use the Mato Metal rear plate for the tiger 1 on all my Heng Long and Taigen Tiger 1s because the ABS rear plate of the Taigen and Heng Long Tiger 1s have a very nasty habit of the mounting tabs that connect the rear plate to the Hull failing, (Three times so far)
The Mato metal rear plate is the wrong size in every axis but a lot of work will make a good fit and no more worries about the tabs failing.
If you read the reports of people with the Mato Tiger 1 they appear to be negative primarily because almost no parts from Heng Long/Taigen/Torro fit and the metal used is brittle and suffers from "Rot" after time and simply crumbles,
The biggest bad point of metal tank bodies is that if you are going to modify it and make an error it is almost impossible to fix the damage whereas if you make a mistake with an ABS Tank Body an application of filler and all is well.
On the plus side It does come with a "Clark" board as standard,
Personally I would avoid it but I rarely buy RTR armour so my opinion is of little value.
Good luck :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Robert Johnson
Recruit

Post by Robert Johnson »

I hate to burst your bubble but mato now owns heng long torro and taigen. All there tanks have been standerised, updated on new versions. They now have tones of metal , plastic upgrades. You can virtually build your own custom version. This only applies to newer versions only. The difference between torro,taigen,henglong are cosmetics. No mechanical or dimension differences, just price. Don't forget packaging . Wooden crates to suite cases.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Robert Johnson wrote:Does this qualify: I have an Q-7 A-6 S-4 TT and a Coyote Rag Top.
Robert,

I somehow missed this. Yes; I would say the Audi's qualify nicely! :thumbup:

I think I would go with the Tamiya Tiger too!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”