Breaking the Ice

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Breaking the Ice

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I'm hoping to get out a lot more myself with the tanks next year Roy, it would be great to get the tank course up and running, :D it will be good to blow the cobwebs off them then :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Kieran ,there is a tank club near you they meet at rhoose point or they did ,Contact wibblywobbley he is one of the admins on here ,he has just moved to south Wales ,he goes rock crawling as well as tanks.

regards pete
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Model Builder 4 wrote:I'm hoping to get out a lot more myself with the tanks next year Roy, it would be great to get the tank course up and running, :D it will be good to blow the cobwebs off them then :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
..and with those Welsh south-westerly winds, the cobwebs could disappear very quickly, Lee :lolno:
I once stayed in Tenby (Saundersfoot) back in the 1960s. Lovely place, and my only experience of South Wales, sadly, apart from Brecon. I went to the jazz festival there (not yomping on the killer hills )
I also have very fond memories of visiting the beautiful Lake Bala in the North and, .. as a fan of Patrick McGoohan's cult 'The Prisoner, ' simply had to visit the 'Village' at Portmeirion a few years back. :wave:
Parts of Wales are almost as nice as the Highlands ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
DymondTank
Lance Corporal

Post by DymondTank »

Thanks for the advice guys . I contacted wibbly wobbly . Hopefully get more information on which place to go .

be good to help out on the tank route in Rhoose if you need help . My door is open
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I went to South Wales once, stayed in Pendine. Everywhere was shut real early at night, and the caravan site we were staying at had real crap entertainment, luckily we stumbled on a pub close by, I think it was called the racers, or something like that, and we ended up discovering all about the Pendine sands and how they used to do speed records there long ago. Was very fascinating because we didn't know about the place, it was a pure chance let's drive to Wales for a holiday lol.

Looking out of our caravan we could see a hill in the distance with boulders on, we kept saying my friends girlfriend was off her head because she was convinced she saw a boulder move. Turns out they were sheep and lambs, about a hundred lambs, one morning we got up deciding to go into town, couldn't see the lambs? Went into town and every butchers (there was a few) had signs up, fresh local lamb just in lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”