Hello from New Jersey USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
ElCid
Recruit

Hello from New Jersey USA

Post by ElCid »

Hello Tankers

I have been doing scale RC Helicopters and Airplanes for 20+year. Just built my first Tamiya tank, a Panther G. Scaled it out with metal etched parts, tracks, wheels etc. Added a TARR smoke system to it and fabricated a custom exhaust and traversing machine gun.

I just spent this past weekend at the NEAD tank event in Danville VA with over 20 other tanks nuts on their 6000 square foot scale battle field inside the AAF Tank museum. It was a blast and really got me hooked.

It appears i burned out my wick in my TARR smoker and was wondering what i can do to replace it. I posted a question further down in the forums
Attachments
IMG_20180317_095033093.jpg
part of the battle field
part of the battle field
Battle tested and dirty
Battle tested and dirty
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello from New Jersey USA

Post by maxmekker »

Greets from Norway. Good looking Panther there, and that layout ... :clap:
Drammen Rock City
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

welcome to the forum , nice looking panther and great site for battling you have there.
regards stuart
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes, welcome, Charlton! :D That's one heck of battlefield :O It even appears to have flowing water; but if it's not the real thing, it's a brilliant approximation, or clever mirage 8O
Many here would be proud of turning out a Panther G with that quality of finish; even after years of experience. :) Give yourself a big pat on the back.
One question, if I may, were you using stock Tamiya electronics with the Tarr smoker? If so, I'd be interested to see how you set yours up. If some other electronic heart..ditto :thumbup:
You were in the perfect place for Tamiya kits, as well as bits and pieces, and it must have been a really great temptation to come away with..well, say a Panzer IV, perhaps? :D ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
ElCid
Recruit

Post by ElCid »

To answer your question, that is a real flowing river with actual H20. I found out the hard way this past weekend when i drove straight into it. Lucky for me only the front my tank got washed or i would be in a very foul mood :lolno: .

I have been building and flying scale rc helicopters and planes for years, but this is my first tank and thank you, i am very proud of the way it turned out. That is a TARR smoke system wired to the standard Tamiya electronics. This version has wires that go to each of the engine terminals. I also have an rc switch to turn the smoke on and off via my radio.

AFF has basically every Tamiya tank and part in stock.. i think a Tiger 1 is in my future!

Here is a link to my onedrive build pictures enjoy.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnPd9QnrRP2lmLogS2Zby3pZboBIpA
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

That's a very impressive array of stills and clips you have there on One Drive. You're a dark horse! You never mentioned installing a servo controlled MG in your Panther! That's the sort of thing that Gary (Max-U52) would do, and has done, in fact. What's more, that Zimmerit doesn't look exactly like a stock Tamiya item either 8O :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”