Hello All

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
ihaveamint
Recruit

Hello All

Post by ihaveamint »

Hi all. New Here. Name is David and im a fan of all things RC. I have 2 tanks and 3 rc Cars. Firstly, dont know if there is much carefactor about cars in this Tank forum, but ill tell you guys anyway. Ive had cars for a good 18 years now, and pretty much havent bought any new ones since. I have the original Traxxas nitro-4-tec, with some slight mods, a tamiya terra crusher monster truck with some massive mods, and a Hobao hyper 7 pro that has recently been converted from nitro to electric.
A little about how i got into the whole tank side of things.
I was out browsing shops with my son one sunday and noticed a hobby shop. Being an rc fan i went in to have a look. Noticed a few tanks on the shelf, and being only $150 or so i thought, why not, and bought a BB firing henglong tank. Out of the box, it was pretty cool, but pretty standard. No Sound or anything, just standard turret movements, forwards, backwards and bb launching. I did a little googleing and discovered a whole world of tanking. Thats where it began. Got myself a Mato all metal Tiger tank with nothing in it but a gearbox and 2 motors. Mato were not as advance as they are now when i made the purchase. Then i started buying bits and pieces and had it assembled in all metal, before stripping it again and painting it. Its been about 3 years on and off. Had most of it done in a few months but then i got busy and it sat in cupboard for a good 2 years. But finally got back around to it and finished her off.
Now i see that some people here like their tanks looking authentic and colours matching real life world war tanks, but never really looked into it till now and i just did what i felt like in the beginning, and then went too far and left my tank as is.
Next project will be a little more detailed. But still deciding what to build.
ihaveamint
Recruit

Re: Hello All

Post by ihaveamint »

Just a couple snaps of my Tank
Just a couple snaps of my Tank
Attachments
20170217_163103.jpg
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello All

Post by maxmekker »

Hello, and greets from Norway . Nice little tanker story there. Lokking fw to see more from you :thumbup:
Drammen Rock City

Return to “Introduce Yourself”