New RC Tanker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Wolverine Tanker
Private

New RC Tanker

Post by Wolverine Tanker »

Hello all, My name is Wolverine Tanker and I'm from the great state of Michigan USA. I am a former Marine 1976-1983. I recently purchased a Taigen late version 1/16 scale Tiger tank. I am really enjoying it. I plan on upgrading to a Flysky I6 receiver and a Clark 22tk board. :D
I'm a big WW2 buff. I play World of Tanks Blitz and World of Warships. I really would like to learn more about RC Tanks and converse with others that have the same interest as me. :wave:
Aussie
Corporal

Re: New RC Tanker

Post by Aussie »

G'day mate.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome! :thumbup:

You'll find all the help you need here, great folks!!!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wolverine Tanker wrote:Hello all, My name is Wolverine Tanker and I'm from the great state of Michigan USA. I am a former Marine 1976-1983. I recently purchased a Taigen late version 1/16 scale Tiger tank. I am really enjoying it. I plan on upgrading to a Flysky I6 receiver and a Clark 22tk board. :D
I'm a big WW2 buff. I play World of Tanks Blitz and World of Warships. I really would like to learn more about RC Tanks and converse with others that have the same interest as me. :wave:
Hello and welcome. I must say that this forum is top notch with great people who are very helpfulImage

I have learned quite a bit since I joined and I continue to learn each day.

Most any question you have is going to be answered and with great detail. This forum has taken my hobby to a whole other levelImage

Enjoy

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum, :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
The great thing about the Tiger 1,be it early, mid or late is that there is probably more spares, upgrades and knowledge available for it then there is for any other,,
The Clark TK 22 board is very nice and has the one single advantage over all the other aftermarket control boards, It is the exact same size as the Taigen Board and so fits in the Taigen control board holder, One less expense in a very expensive hobby,
You will have questions and we have answers although we are not very good with questions about curry recipes or Tree pruning so if you could keep them in the rough direction of R/C Tanks we would be most grateful, :crazy:
Two words of advise, Keep your Bank Manager happy, and love, cherish and if necessary sell your soul to the devil to keep your Partner on side,
If you are wondering about the Ranks that Forum members have displayed by their name it depends solely on the number of times you correspond with us how high you are elevated although writing in just to get promotion is frowned upon. :haha: :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I didn't know someone could be a "former Marine"?

But hello and welcome. Where abouts in Michigan? My good friend Max-U52 lives up there.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very warm welcome along Mr Wolverine

As Mr Jack says, and I've heard it for my self.............(in a bar in Oklahoma City-U.S. Marine Recruiter-2014)

" You can be IN the Army, you can even be IN the Navy, Hell, you might even have been IN the god damn Airforce......but you ARE a Marine "

Tiger 1 is a great place to get into things, plenty of parts, options, variations, pictures, opinions, the choices are endless.
Great to have you along mate :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Wolverine Tanker
Private

Post by Wolverine Tanker »

Thanks for all the replies. To answer the first question from Jackalope. When I say former I mean I'm not involved actively with the Core anymore but I am and will always be a Marine. As far as where I'm from in Michigan I will say I'm not a yupper or from the east side by Detroit. I live by Lake Michigan.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Post by siegfried »

Welcome to the forum, greetings from across the pond.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”