what filler to use

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
n33h
Recruit

what filler to use

Post by n33h »

hi all

got some modifications to do to my 1/12 abrams, i will be using plasti-card to fill small areas but dont know what filler to use for the lows

any suggestions please (was thinking using car filler)

regards nick
Red Devils
Staff Sergeant

Re: what filler to use

Post by Red Devils »

Hey Nick,

I'm not an expert by any means but I use 3M Automotive Bondo on my tanks and my Nascar diecast. You can't go wrong with that stuff. When I have a larger gap to fill, I use Milliput, which when cured is rock hard, plus no shrinkage. I used to use the Squadron Green putty but most times it required a second application due to shrinkage. Hope this helps...

Derek
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
First in the Field - Since 1914.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

SPAM !!!!! SPAM !!!!!!!

mariann wrote:Get your rc products with diverse shipping method all over the world! You can now buy cool RC at very low prices with no additional costs! Browse our huge range of products now and see by yourself.
Esky
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Personally I don't like to use fillers... most shrink to some degree...yes milliput is ok .... but sanding can be tricky... if the gaps are small I usually just use left over plastic from sanding panels and stuff...keep it in a jar so it's always handy... and bond it together with super glue... gaps are filled in seconds... and when you sand that...it leaves more stuff to get collected and put back in the jar... so it's a replenishable material... that's fast and easy to use... thing is ...if you are doing certain kinds of work.. the pieces you cut to fill holes will have to be almost puzzle perfect in fit.... Two examples My Kv2 and current Saunders Sherman...
I used the technique for splicing the front fenders and cornering the rear skirts
on the Kv2... the upper hull... there are two huge holes ... cut plastic pieces to fit almost exactly into the spaces.. and used the technique for that

Good Luck

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

mcevoyi wrote:SPAM !!!!! SPAM !!!!!!!

mariann wrote:Get your rc products with diverse shipping method all over the world! You can now buy cool RC at very low prices with no additional costs! Browse our huge range of products now and see by yourself.
Esky
:haha: :haha:

ALPHA
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

mcevoyi wrote:SPAM !!!!! SPAM !!!!!!!

Esky
post removed , warning sent to author
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Sorry ALPHA , but I found that SPAM shrinks as it dries , then just falls out , does stick quite well though . :haha:
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

:haha: :haha: :haha:
nice one guys :D

Return to “Modern Tanks”