Anyone here have and or worked on the hei lang 1/12 Abrams

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Anyone here have and or worked on the hei lang 1/12 Abrams

Post by BIGMIG »

Was wondering who all has one of these 1/12 scale Abrams tanks.I know there is lots of them around,I have four of them and up-graded the internals and tracks on three of them.Still have one more that I plan on up-grading with HL tracks and gearboxes.Posting a picture of the last one I did with
HL gearboxes,used 1/6 stuart tracks,and using the original board that was in the stock tank.It works as good as any non S&S tank with the stock electronix,and seems to handle the HL motors and gearboxes just fine.I did the build on this one on Hobby Havoc,and may do my final one here when I get caught up on my ongoing projects.I'm not a painter and just brush painted this one with some left over paint I mixed up to have one of these a different color than my other ones.
                        BIGMIG
Last edited by BIGMIG on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Anyone here have and or worked on the hei lang 1/12 Abrams

Post by BIGMIG »

For the guys who have bought these we all know that out of the box they are very poor quality.But with that said if you like the 1/12
size tanks,there is not much on the market in this size tank.I have seen some of these on a couple of the tank forums that have been made into great looking tanks.For me I like to mess around with the internals and putting better tracks on them,but pretty much leave the outside just as they are out of the box.I'm no good at painting tanks,but do like to see some of the great work being done to different models here on the forum.If your on a budget and like the bigger scale models,this is one way to have one with out selling the ranch to get one. ;D ;D ;D

BIGMIG  ;) ;) ;)

Return to “Modern Tanks”