Samaritan APC

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Samaritan APC

Post by dylan9391 »

The Samaritan is a conversion based on the HM Forces Toys Fast Pursuit tank. To date I have removed the top of the tank and made a new one from fibreglass with resin castings and parts to my own design. The next stage is to finish off the back door detail and paint it all, detail and fit the radio control unit, motors and of course working tracks.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Re: Samaritan APC

Post by dylan9391 »

extra photo.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

hi there Dylan

hope this helps

i fitted HL buldog track and sprockets .. works a treat !

dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi,

That is useful as I have purchased the tracks KV1, motor gearboxes and suitable sprockets and I wasn't sure on driving it from the rear, or front. On a previous conversion I used two speed controllers driving them independently on two channels of the radio using my Hi-tec set. How have you driven yours and did you change the axles for the screw in wheels?
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

the Hl gearboxes came form a bulldog .. so did the sprockets and tracks ... just made a new mounting plate and fiteed to the scop hull
the drive is from the front as per the proper scop ...

dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

That's excellent thanks and yes I'll do the same with mine. Are you going to make any other changes i.e. to the turret and add the extra hatch?
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

hi there dylan

i have a few plans for the scop ... next i will look at an active suspension .. then the hull the turret ..but i have a frw other projects thet must come first

can you tell me whatthis will be >>??

dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

a 432, or an Abbot perhaps?
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

changed my mind I am going for FV438 ? It certainly think it's that family anyway as I recognise the front end. Bumped my head getting in one of those on Salisbury plain. Very nice work by the way and 1/16?
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi,

I've amended my Samaritan now with the motors and the gears, but how do you get your tank to turn. On mine the two sets of wheels are on screw axles coupled together, so on my initial go it only goes backwards and forwards. Any thoughts?

Return to “Modern Tanks”