Samaritan APC

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Samaritan APC

Post by mcevoyi »

i am looking at replacing the entire road wheel axels with a set of arms from a tiger tank .. or may be a panther ,, but have not looked at the project for some time ... been way to busy with the m10 and m31 ..but will thnk about it ..
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

ah well that would certainly make it work ok. I removed the road wheels and the idler eventually after a lot of swearing and blue language. Good thing I was in the garage as I thought the wheels would just unscrew, but they are hell of a force fit on the axles. Got them off eventually and have fitted the gearboxes and tracks and just pushed them back on and they seem to stay on ok. I have smoothed the axle thread so next stage is to add some control. I'd be interested to see how you fit the suspension to it when you get a spare moment between other projects. Plenty of room for the Rc, batteries which makes a change.
thekeeperofcrows
Recruit

Post by thekeeperofcrows »

Nice looking 432 there, I would say add the fox turret onto the top of it, and paint it in berlin brigade colours. But that is just me dreaming of the good old days when I actually turned spanners on them as a young craftsman in the REME. If you want some pics I have them kicking around the house somewhere.

Or add a small GPMG turret to the mortar hatch area but if my old grey cells are correct that was just on the old MK I, so your decks,exhaust would be wrong. Another love/hate thing from my past :)
thekeeperofcrows
Recruit

Post by thekeeperofcrows »

Luckily a mate has posted this pic elsewhere, so nicked it saving me trip to the attic and a covering in cobwebs. Looked the beast in berlin, but stuck out rahter badly out on the area.
Viking7604
Recruit

Post by Viking7604 »

The rear louvres are squared off, no cut away in the corner as you have it. Sorry just had to clear that up, but its a very good effort I'd like to see the finished article?

An old FV432 Mk3 operator.
Der Kampf gegen die eigenen Oberen macht manchmal mehr Arbeit als gegen die Franzosen. (It is sometimes tougher to fight my superiors than the French.) Heinz Guderian 1888-1954.

Return to “Modern Tanks”