HL Abrams improved gun depression with stock unit

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

HL Abrams improved gun depression with stock unit

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear All

Hope you don’t mind me posting this, hope it helps someone, and it should work on all HL tanks

https://youtu.be/qtX_WA5BeJA
Attachments
742C6FDD-8E63-4582-AB44-634D515A84DD.jpeg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: HL Abrams improved gun depression with stock unit

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That video and the one on the Abrams sprocket modification offer some straightforward, simple, free, effective improvements.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Clear, concise, and highly practical- Mr T-A-L. :D :thumbup: All these wee tricks and tips add to the growing fund of knowledge, accessible here on RCTW.
Personally, I prefer the side-acting elevation units to the rotating wave-form type- precisely because the scope for tweaks is greater. I found this to be especially so, when used in scratch-builds- where positioning the whole elevation unit forwards slightly, or to the rear- with forethought, of course, can a have a profound effect on elevation and depression. The modern world, however, is depressing enough perhaps, for us not to want to add to it. :lolno:
Keep tweaking, and keep posting :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

thanks fellas, and thanks for looking!.
Sorry i haven't gotten back sooner, iv'e tried, but it comes up with a script error and doesn't let me post replays, im using my PC and im hoping this works!

Return to “Modern Tanks”