German leopard 2A6 MBT turret basket assembly

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Shootermcgraw
Private

German leopard 2A6 MBT turret basket assembly

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Hello fellow modelers this is my first display of how I assembled and installed IMPACT brand metal turret cages. I hope with the pictures below that this will help assist anyone that is willing to upgrade the baskets from plastic to metal to give a more realistic look if your tank is of the Heng Long version like mine that came with the plastic turret baskets.
First I wanted to give a special thanks to Tom Hugill for selling me the IMPACT cages and Maxmekker for sending me the eched wrap around screens.
Cheer'sImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ONA19TB003 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: German leopard 2A6 MBT turret basket assembly

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah those are sharp (and so are your photos)! The screening has to be the ultimate help, as plastic "screen" just cannot work if it is mass-produced.

As a side-light, the same kind of screening is used to keep trash out of air-cleaners on combines and the radiators and engines on 1950's and early 1960's vintage tractors on which corn-pickers were mounted. Those who model and modify 1/16 farm equipment could use Impact and Maxmekker.
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Thank you Professor, I totally agree with you.....I could not stand looking at them when I first looked at the tank. Even the plastic cooling fan screens had to be replaced....a must.

You can call me Will:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Shootermcgraw wrote:Hello fellow modelers this is my first display of how I assembled and installed IMPACT brand metal turret cages. I hope with the pictures below that this will help assist anyone that is willing to upgrade the baskets from plastic to metal to give a more realistic look if your tank is of the Heng Long version like mine that came with the plastic turret baskets.
First I wanted to give a special thanks to Tom Hugill for selling me the IMPACT cages and Maxmekker for sending me the eched wrap around screens.
Cheer'sImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

A vast improvement :)
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

tomhugill wrote:
Shootermcgraw wrote:Hello fellow modelers this is my first display of how I assembled and installed IMPACT brand metal turret cages. I hope with the pictures below that this will help assist anyone that is willing to upgrade the baskets from plastic to metal to give a more realistic look if your tank is of the Heng Long version like mine that came with the plastic turret baskets.

A vast improvement :)
It is Tom, huge improvement....Im glad I bought them....had a lot of patience on those... not only on the segmented wait time of welding pieces together but waitiing over 100 days for the wrap around screens to show up from Germany!!

Sent from my 9032Z using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:

Return to “Modern Tanks”