Fantasy T72 in progress

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Fantasy T72 in progress

Post by Jay-Em »

Here’s another fantasy ‘just because I like it’ paint and build job. I only found òne, somewhat grainy, photo of a T72 in this actual camo-pattern, so it is probably not an official paintjob, but just something the crew slapped-on..

I also saw a toy t72 with this ‘winter camouflage’ somewhere and decided I’d like to apply it to the T72.

Tank itself only got metal sprockets and tracks as an upgrade, and somewhat faster Taigen motors for the -exellent- steel HL gearboc.

The figure is based on the Tamiya bundeswehr crew with a bit of Apoxy sculpt to make the helmet and jacket more ‘Russian Winter Crew’ like.

Weathering of the tank is not complete yet. ( still looks too Factory Fresh)

By the by, the T72 is, imho , the best offering of HL yet. Steel gears, metal swingarms, metal track-tensioners, useful electronics with exellent slow-speed control, fàst turret traverse ( not unimportant) and finally a réal T72 soundset.

Well. After that bit of praise for HL, still a few things to do For me : Washes, especially the tracks, since the bare terracotta paint is a bit too orangey by nature, some judicious drybrushing. Some streaks to make it look like it indeed travelled through snow and muck. In short,. ..‘back to work’
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Re: Fantasy T72 in progress

Post by Jay-Em »

And now properly weathered with a wash and some drybrushing.

Also added an external on/off switch ( cupola writing says ‘toggle switch’ )

Return to “Modern Tanks”