fv432

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Plastic scouser
Corporal

Re: fv432

Post by Plastic scouser »

Count me in Rob, I was going to do the Mk3 Bulldog used in Iraq thinking about using the Panzer III running gear if they can use a 432 to build a stug in the movies surely its possible to do it the other way round  ???

Cheers Ian
septon
Sergeant

Post by septon »

im in
midland rep with too Many tanks
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

hi all

yep i am there

had a fab chat with the tank museuem today and a good friend ( thanks david ) of mine said he will put together and plans pack covering most of the series of fv432 includeing  the REME version  with hiab jib and also the micv  fitted with fox turret .. and a set of drawings for the latest upgraded trojen ...even a set of plans for the mine clearence plow . the drawingas will all be in 1/35th and i can post theme on here when they turn up ( special permission ! )  as i have built one or two models for them over the  years ...

it wil take a week or two to get the info as like most thay have a big post bag and alot of folk are away on holiday ..

i will also over the next few weeks visit the museum to get a lot of pics too as there is severl 432's in the ' compound '  which some of you may know is not in the public dispay aera ....

now one of the first projects for the 432 is the wheels /  i will get my finger out my ..... and make a master of the road wheel based on a t34 road wheel as its about the right size ... i will get it cast in metal .. not resin because the resin will shatter after very short usage  and the traks will i think be taken form the hl snow leopard .. i know there not perfect but the bulldog are just far to wide

iain
A tidy desk
is a sure sign of a sick mind ?
Daddy NS
Recruit

Post by Daddy NS »

Will you share the plans?

I have a 1/24th Type90 lower/upper hull i can start off with a conversion.
BigPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by BigPanzer »

Hi,

Going off thread slightly, Iain you mentioned getting ally castings done for wheels. I'm looking for a recommended caster who can do me wheels for my 1/6 Pioneer build. They are pretty big (4"dia)!

Cheers

Peter
nickmow
Lance Corporal

Post by nickmow »

Funny I thought about reverse engineering a PNZ III having watched the extras on the Band of Brothers DVD set, I'd love to do
a model of my old ride "Assassin" :thumbup:
Assassin.jpg
Note the Tiger stripe paint job ! Did this in Detmold having read a book about Armour in Vietnam. My Troop Sergeant was a bit flumexed and said it was ok as long as we didnt have any straight lines !!
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

I'm in - the prototype that Rafael made for the upgrade had the RCWS 30 turret, would have given the ol' FV432 more fire power than Warrior @)
01300000022805123037286021178_s.jpg
01300000022805123037286021178_s.jpg (14.94 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
nickmow
Lance Corporal

Post by nickmow »

Soz for being a numb nuts but whats the score with a "build thread" ? does that mean you all get together and build me one :thumbup:
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

really we all get together (here) and thrash out the best or easiest way of achieving the end result
and then going from there
nickmow
Lance Corporal

Post by nickmow »

I take it Im the tea boy for all this then ?
Ok thanks 43 I get the idea now,makes good sense. I tell ya Im dead chuffed I signed up to this site, loads of good stuff and like minded Tank fans, I dont feel,so...so....alone anymore.
Anyway count me in. NATO tea for sir ?

Return to “Modern Tanks”