I need a Chally for off road/trailing

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
cupra313
Recruit

I need a Chally for off road/trailing

Post by cupra313 »

Hi guys.I ve been contemplating the idea of getting an rc tank for almost 2 years now...I m in love with tanks as i served in the past with smaller apc s like the m113. The thing that puts me off is their off road capability. I do a lot of scale trailing and a little crawling and i need a tank to be as scale as possible while been driven off road. I realise that in 1/16,the light weight of the tanks and the limited suspension travel doesnt help. I was thinking of making a 1/10 or 1/12 tank but i couldnt find any tracks that would work so at least for now,i abandoned the idea. I have made from scratch (except for the diffs,electronics and tires) an oshkosh hemtt in 1/10 and a reo m35a2 in 1/10. I used to make 1/5 gas cars in the past but no time any more.

So i decided to give the little fellas a try. I am dead set on a chally. I have read almost all the threads in the forum and i think i need definately steel gearboxes,metal sprockets and idlers and metal tracks to begin with. I need to reinforce the chassis and get metal road wheels down the road.Why do you cut the battery compartment? I would love the dklm all metal chassis but we are getting way out of budget for something i may dont like at the end...

So,is it better to get a package deal like the platinum from haya or get individual parts,as far as total money spent goes?I have far more questions,but we ll get to them... A photo of the hemtt and the m35

Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: I need a Chally for off road/trailing

Post by Marco Peter »

Really cool to see what you can do already. You will love tanks. The ULTIMATE all-terrain vehicles. ;D
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Regretfully, the tanks will not even get close to the abilities of my rock crawlers.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

Yeah i know,i dont have that high expectations.It s only physics,you cant have a 50cm long straight tub overcoming 15-20cm rocks...I just want it to be a good trail rig,not a crawler. As long as it does scale terrain scale "ish" ,i ll be happy

Return to “Modern Tanks”