TAMIYA M1A2 Displaymodel

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

TAMIYA M1A2 Displaymodel

Post by kintaroukinji »

From the other day, one of the RC tanks, M1A2 Abrams, is not in good condition yet. TORRO's RX18 receiver has broken its binding with the transmitter again and can no longer be rebound. The same phenomenon occurred with the new RX18. There seems to be no problem on the transmitter side. The reason is that this transmitter can be bound to other RX18s. I don't know the cause. Is the sound board (USM-HL-2) doing something wrong? ? I wasn't convinced, so I explained the situation to soundboard maker BEIER-Electronic and then sent the soundboard and RX18 to BEIER to have them investigate the cause. BEIER is a manufacturer that responds fairly politely. As a result of the investigation, they said that the output signal of the RX18 receiver should normally be 3.3V, but for some reason it is as low as 1.0V and cannot be received. The sound board (USM-HL-2) is sounder. They also don't understand why the output signal is too low.? They didn't know why it was so low and they couldn't repair it. At this point, I decided to stop sticking to the TAIGEN / TORRO transmitter and RX18 (RC for USM-HL-2), which are causing problems with RC tank models. I suggested to them that if they could change to the new product SFR-1-HL, which can use a general 6Ch or higher transceiver instead of USM-HL-2, and send it back, I would pay the difference. They responded to my suggestion. The USM-HL-2 is no longer on sale, and the replacement is the newer SFR-1-HL, which has higher performance. SFR-1-HL uses a general transmitter. The audio amplifier of the sound board is 20W, which is large enough. Functionally, the major differences from USM-HL-2 are as follows.
SFR-1-HL2_01_01.JPG
-Use a general 2.4GHz transceiver (6-8Ch). (OP can also be controlled by smartphone.)
-The throttle curve of the main drive motor can be set freely. Sensitive control is also possible.
-The main drive motors (M1 and M2) can be set either by mixing or by themselves.
-Running mass inertia (light, medium, heavy) and brake strength can be set.
-It is possible to set the track recoil (none, light, medium, heavy) when firing.
-The turret rotation speed is variable according to the amount of operation of the joystick.
-The engine sound can be turned on / off from the radio channel or joystick.
-Battery can be used from 6 to 12V.
-The SUM signal (S-BUS) of the receiver can be used.

Other than that, the functions are almost the same as USM-HL-2, and sound files can also be shared.

It's the first time I've got this kind of Chinese Microzone transmitter (for cars, boats, planes, drones?), But the instructions are really unfriendly.
???_02.JPG
There is something like a trainer jack or power jack on the main body, but there is no explanation. There is no explanation of the mixer function. (I don't use any of them ...) I was worried whether I could really bind to the receiver and operate it, but for now it is functioning stably. The lighting-related output wiring of this RC tank (M1A2) has not been completed yet, but I plan to set it slowly from now on.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Restoration of binding

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

kintaroukinji wrote:After that, I did various operations, but the binding between the RX18 and the transmitter was not restored. I completely disconnected the RX18 and USM-HL-2 from the tank model and power supply and left them for about 10 days. After that, when I reassembled these and started it again, the binding was restored for some reason. The wiring, battery, etc. have not been changed and remain the same. After all, I don't know why the binding suddenly broke, but I think it's because of static electricity. The static electricity may have been discharged while these were left unattended. When the RX18 or USM-HL-2 becomes charged with static electricity, I don't know how to verify it or remove the static electricity. Please let me know if there is such an example and if there is a way to remove static electricity. By the way, I tried to remove static electricity by short-circuiting the positive and negative poles of the power supply poles of RX18 and USM-HL-2 with metal tweezers, but it was not effective.
Perhaps you could use an earthing wrist strap, and an ESD safe- mat. I use them when assembling computers (well, did. I don't build PCs anymore; I use a Mac.). Printed circuit boards in model tanks are just as vulnerable to static shock, I would imagine, as the components of a computer are- especially a motherboard. An MFU is, essentially, a mini MFU.
At least the typical PC case can be earthed/grounded during an installation phase. There's no direct way for static to find earth in a typical model tank, I'd guess- unless it is connected to an earthing mat. Just a thought. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Restoration of binding

Post by tankme »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
kintaroukinji wrote:After that, I did various operations, but the binding between the RX18 and the transmitter was not restored. I completely disconnected the RX18 and USM-HL-2 from the tank model and power supply and left them for about 10 days. After that, when I reassembled these and started it again, the binding was restored for some reason. The wiring, battery, etc. have not been changed and remain the same. After all, I don't know why the binding suddenly broke, but I think it's because of static electricity. The static electricity may have been discharged while these were left unattended. When the RX18 or USM-HL-2 becomes charged with static electricity, I don't know how to verify it or remove the static electricity. Please let me know if there is such an example and if there is a way to remove static electricity. By the way, I tried to remove static electricity by short-circuiting the positive and negative poles of the power supply poles of RX18 and USM-HL-2 with metal tweezers, but it was not effective.
Perhaps you could use an earthing wrist strap, and an ESD safe- mat. I use them when assembling computers (well, did. I don't build PCs anymore; I use a Mac.). Printed circuit boards in model tanks are just as vulnerable to static shock, I would imagine, as the components of a computer are- especially a motherboard. An MFU is, essentially, a mini MFU.
At least the typical PC case can be earthed/grounded during an installation phase. There's no direct way for static to find earth in a typical model tank, I'd guess- unless it is connected to an earthing mat. Just a thought. :)
As an electronics tech in a former life I can say that static can be an issue, but it is less so these days. The days of CMOS chips being blown with one jolt are pretty much gone, but there is a cumulative effect of static electricity. When I worked at HP we were forced to watch a video of a person shocking a computer board over and over until it failed through a high powered microscope. The first shock produced some black marks on the board traces, then more black marks, then more, and then the trace on the board actually severed, but it took quite a few shocks. This training was to drive home the fact that HP required us to use grounding straps/mats when working on the HP equipment. Most of the boards from the high end UNIX systems and the lower Intel systems were sent to a depot to be fixed and put in repair stock for future use in customer machines. Keeping their exposure to static electricity low help increase long term reliability of the repair parts stock.

By the way, you MAC is no less static sensitive than any normal PC. MACs use the same intel components that PCs use today and even when they had IBM PowerPC hardware in them, that hardware still follows the rules of physics and electricity... :) It's the OS at point that supposedly makes the MAC better, but I've never owned one and never will as they don't fit my particular needs. :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Modern Tanks”