TAMIYA M1A2 Displaymodel

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: TAMIYA M1A2 Displaymodel

Post by BarryC »

Well done :clap:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you very much.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

This is a post after a long time.
I installed a slip ring to allow the turret to turn 360 degrees. I made a pedestal made of plastic material that fits the internal shape of the turret for fixing the slip ring, and fixed it with a cable tie. The pedestal itself is fixed to the bottom of the turret with double-sided adhesive tape. With this mounting method, it is relatively easy to attach and detach the slip ring later. For maintainability, all wiring cables from slip rings are connected to the pin connectors.
slip25_021.JPG
Initially I wondered if a cable guide would be needed behind the turret's rotating ring to prevent the cable from twisting, but the turret could rotate 360 degrees without the cable being twisted without the guide. The cables between the turret and the hull are for the turret swivel motor, servo (barrel recoil and lifting), MG (CROWS and barrel MG), barrel firing LED, and search light LED next to the anti-sniper machine gun.
SLIP RING14_015.JPG
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

TAMIYA M1A2 Displaymodel

Post by kintaroukinji »

M1A2 Abrams is almost complete. The track is weathered and a slip ring is attached, so the turret can turn 360 degrees continuously.
??2_01.JPG
??1_01.JPG
phpBB [video]

M1A2 Abrams is almost complete. The track is weathered and a slip ring is attached, so the turret can turn 360 degrees continuously.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome Looks and sounds like an Abrams, added gear and weathering looks great! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you Barry.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

?????????

Post by kintaroukinji »

My Tamiya modified 1/16 M1A2 Abrams main gun fired with a high brightness LED, but I replaced it with a xenon flash that has more light than the LED. I had just one xenon flash as a spare, so I installed it. Connect the three wires from this xenon flash unit to the 5-pin connector on the RX18. In the photo below, the brown and yellow left two wires are for the main gun trigger signal (Torro and Henng Long original are the two wires from the micro switch attached to the main gun, but here the micro switch is removed and the trigger signal from the SPDT relay unit ), The right three lines are the xenon flash signal line.
????2_01.JPG
This is a shooting video with xenon flash. Recently, I heard that there is an SMD LED flash with a larger amount of light, but this time I installed the one I have.
phpBB [video]
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

The binding has expired

Post by kintaroukinji »

Suddenly, the binding between the TOROO transmitter mounted on this ABRAMS and RX18 (VER.1) was cut off. I try binding again according to the procedure, but I can't bind at all. The binding procedure is correct, and the result is the same even if USM-HL2 is completely separated and bound. This transmitter is also shared with another tank model, but it is still bound to that tank. It doesn't seem to be a malfunction of the transmitter. I don't know the cause. I asked the sound board maker BEIER, but they didn't know the cause either, and said, "The USM-HL-2 only listens to the signals from the receiver. However, it does not change the signals and does not send any signals into the RX-18. "
I changed it to a spare RX18, but I can't bind it.?RX18 may not be able to rebind once the binding is broken. No response at all when I asked TORRO. Oh, I have no choice but to buy a TORRO transmitter / receiver ...
DSC_0091_01.JPG
phpBB [video]
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Restoration of binding

Post by kintaroukinji »

After that, I did various operations, but the binding between the RX18 and the transmitter was not restored. I completely disconnected the RX18 and USM-HL-2 from the tank model and power supply and left them for about 10 days. After that, when I reassembled these and started it again, the binding was restored for some reason. The wiring, battery, etc. have not been changed and remain the same. After all, I don't know why the binding suddenly broke, but I think it's because of static electricity. The static electricity may have been discharged while these were left unattended. When the RX18 or USM-HL-2 becomes charged with static electricity, I don't know how to verify it or remove the static electricity. Please let me know if there is such an example and if there is a way to remove static electricity. By the way, I tried to remove static electricity by short-circuiting the positive and negative poles of the power supply poles of RX18 and USM-HL-2 with metal tweezers, but it was not effective.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Good to see that you solved the problem.

Return to “Modern Tanks”