its arrived! challenger 2!

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
DNAR
Lance Corporal

Re: is arrived! challenger 2!

Post by DNAR »

Kiaser wrote:As far as I Know he is making a chally 2 metal chassis but that would be a excellent thing to do for everyone Tankbear .

Nice to see the stealth activity begining how exciting :D never feel guilty gentlemen 8O just do not get caught :{

Oops remember to 8O tape the box back up :thumbup: DNAR

Yep did it already Kaiser. Man I was sweating like a pig trying to find a hiding place!!!!!LOL.

Carson told me that the metal chassis is still a consideration as fundings for the tooling is very expensive. He told me that he will do a CNC approach on the chassis like what he did for the Tamiya Leopard 2. I will message him and let you guys know. Hopefully he will have to go by the full metal chassis.

The suspension is a bit soft for me, the real suspension is hydropneumatic so hopefully we will have an uprated springs especially with a heavier chassis.
Last edited by DNAR on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

To be fair I have been running my leopard for 6 months with the Mato tracks and never needed to adjust the tension, so will see how this goes with out adjustment
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have to give it up..................really nice, nice looking bloody MBT gents :thumbup:
If the recent Abrams and current Leo builds are anything to go by, backed with the passion of patriotic pride, these are going to be 'Ben-Hur' epics :clap: :clap:

So..............who is going to do one with the Union Jack roof deco eh ?? :wtf:

Go on fellas, hook in and show us all what you have been busting to do now they are here ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
DNAR
Lance Corporal

Post by DNAR »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:To be fair I have been running my leopard for 6 months with the Mato tracks and never needed to adjust the tension, so will see how this goes with out adjustment
Thats good to hear sponge, hopefully we can run it ok.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

DNAR wrote: As regards to the gearbox from DKLM. I have the one from the full metal Leopard 2 chassis and Carson told me that IBU board might not handle it. Maybe Tankbear can shed a light on this. Scallywag told me the cut out is at around 15A but I have no IBU board to try it on. So Tankbear can you verify once you have your 550 GB from Carson.
Funny he told me the oppersite when I asked about the details of the motors, said runs fine on normal heng long electronics. The IBU2 can handle 540 motors so until I test them I won’t know for 100%. I also got the full metal Leo2 chassis, wheels and tracks so can also test in a heavy tank. Hopefully that all arrive today or tomorrow so can find out soon.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
DNAR
Lance Corporal

Post by DNAR »

Thats good to hear tankbear.

Just chatted with Carson.
No plans for metal chassis as yet due to expensive tooling.
CAD parts for wheels are ready. Chassis will be CNC. He will update his site by next week so guys stay tune.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I'm thinking the 550 motors should be easy change to brushless @) should the need itch.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Once I started adding weight to the Leo the suspension was way to soft and was causing the track to go slack and override the sprocket, so I had to move all the suspension springs round a hole, will do the same with this once I have started the mods, also if you look closely at the heng long Leo on a flat surface the front road wheel is actually off the ground slightly and helps keep the track under tension, but maybe its just mine! I will try and find a pic, hoping the challenger is the same!
Last edited by spongehoobtank82 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Scalawag your the man at modern tanks! I have just realised my first problem, there's a rubber gaiter at the base of the barrel, if I want servo recoil am going to have to find something to simulate this!
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

You mean it wont be ready for 8pm tonight :O

:haha:
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “Modern Tanks”