Leopard 2A6

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
DNAR
Lance Corporal

Re: Leopard 2A6

Post by DNAR »

atcttge wrote:My Leo 2 weighs in at 15 pounds. The M1 is at 16 pounds. Both have lead weights in the hull. I like it heavy and will be adding more weights elsewhere. Will upgrade to JP400 next year also. I plan on strengthening the plastic hulk by giving it "belly armor" which would be either plastic or aluminium with lead weights inside.

Off topic, I've been having loads of fun running these two. Yesterday, I was at a nearby bike trail where RC crawler enthusiasts were also playing. One of them borrowed my Leo and it was such a joy seeing both Leo and M1 running spaced apart on a rolling field of grass like it was in Europe doing movement to contact in WW3 just as gawd intended hehehehe beautiful sight it was. :)

ATC, loading additional weight would put a lot of stress on the metal arm swing where it is attached to the hull. The weak point would be the plastic hull despite reinforcement i think.The area where the pivot point is located will be in a lot of stress as compared to a full metal hull. This is not a problem if the weight is not excessive as the plastic hull can handle it.
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

The swing arm is plastic hehehehe anyhow, by the time I break the hull, I'll probably have money for a metal hull with metal torsion spring suspension so all is good for now. :)
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

My stuff arrived today :D

Very nice kit, looking forward to getting ibu2 rugged up to this bad boy and 550 motors ;)
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
DNAR
Lance Corporal

Post by DNAR »

Tankbear wrote:My stuff arrived today :D

Very nice kit, looking forward to getting ibu2 rugged up to this bad boy and 550 motors ;)
Its really top notch! The weight really gives it the "realism". Its worth every penny spent. There is no upgrade like this, so I recommend to get it it while you can.

Tankbear, can't wait for your feed back on the IBU2 pro on this. If all goes well let me know as I will get one from you. Is there an IBU 3?

Thanks!
Raphael
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Raphael,

Hopefully tonight I’ll get chance, try do a video but it probably be outside in the dark so might not be any good.

Yes there is a IBU3 in the pipeline, no firmed release date but hopefully in the new year should be available.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
DNAR
Lance Corporal

Post by DNAR »

scalawag wrote:I think you will like it Ian. with JP 400s 3.1 gearboxes and 3s LiPo mine runs like a cheetah with its tail on fire. I'm very pleased with it.
Paul, How is the low end power?

Can the tank still do a crawling speed?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

verdict on the IBU2 & 550 motors here

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18440

You guys know how to adjust track tension? one side is a bit slack and keeps coming off the drive sprocket.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Trademark Scalawag crisp images, as well as wonderfully neat ordering of the internal components. A standard to aspire to, here, methinks..
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I was debating whether to bother correcting them on mine but for now held off.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Looking good dude! Trust me its very satisfying to have them in the right place! ;-)
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2

Return to “Modern Tanks”