FUTURE SHOCK..SAUNDERS M1A2 ABRAMS

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
atcttge
Sergeant

Re: FUTURE SHOCK..SAUNDERS M1A2 ABRAMS

Post by atcttge »

I think Guido's thread was more to demonstrate the Henntec track tensioner prototype which has now become a finalized product.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

atcttge wrote:I think Guido's thread was more to demonstrate the Henntec track tensioner prototype which has now become a finalized product.
Yup it's kind of a commercial for his tensioner

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:You can't be so old that you didn't have the Lindberg PT 109 and Blue devil destroyers around.
Only needed the cheapest 4 channel rc unit to make them work pretty well( must admit that the speed control was a rather rudimentary mechanical thing run off a huge servo and unless you could make one of the homemade non electric bilge pumps no matter how much you greased the propeller shaft shroud they would start to fill with water when run).

The PT 109 looked pretty good running at full speed.

Had to be careful with the destroyer as it capsized pretty easy if there were any waves. My brother lost his out in a lake when some do people tried to get his back in after he ran out of power and the wake from their boat flipped and sank it.

:haha: :haha: :haha: That was probably the only sea worthy lindberg kit lol...yes I remember them well...several had multi piece hulls which back then ..because of the lack of good glues...would leak after awhile lol...the PT109...was the only kit to have a one piece hull...reason why it worked :haha:

Took mine out only once...it got waterlogged pretty fast....the testors and revell glues of the time didn't hold up well when exposed to water....It's final demise was a land reenactment with a firecracker down it's hull :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Lets wait until Toni is done and see if he'll want to post with the rest of us. I think Alpha was going to tell him about it. There is also one being done by guido but not to sure how far along he is or if he is looking at the other build threads of HL Abrams.
I'll try to post on his thread...he is in and out ...so not sure if he will answer the call

In what manner do you want to proceed Giant...yours is finished...mine just needs the marks...ATC is way off still...Scalawag as well...Toni is finished I think...so should you two lead off if I am able to contact him

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Kiaser :D...... :haha: :haha: :haha:
Kaiser's M1 is way way off ...heard it's in pieces at the moment
:haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote::haha: :haha: :haha: I am doing the Aussie m1 a bucket of sand and it is done the difficult part is the pull out BBQ on the back ;)
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...So you have a longer pull

:haha: :haha:

Hurry up Kaiser...as soon as Giant sorts things out...pictures baby...pictures ;)

ALPHA
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Kiaser wrote::haha: :haha: :haha: I am doing the Aussie m1 a bucket of sand and it is done the difficult part is the pull out BBQ on the back ;) yes true but well organised pieces ,it will not work without a kangaroo ;)
Aussie M1? Really? Now THAT I'd like to see! :)

In case you haven't seen this gallery:

http://www.grubbyfingersshop.com/walkar ... index.html

BTW, I do hope you realize the Aussies have an M1A1AIM (SA) and not an M1A2. So that'd mean replacing the commander's weapons station to the older type. Unless it's a hypothetical Ozzian M1A2. ;)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Come on I am Speedy G 8O ........ :lolno: should be finished next week . Right tiger 1 on shelf till next month .

I will reveal the master plan ;) and thanks for the reminder yet again the chiefs up there in the turret enjoying me crack a sweat :D

PONG :{
Just kidding Kiaser ;) ....I have no idea what Giant has in mind ...so till that is sorted out...it would seem things are on hold...so You have time ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote::D This reminds me of a TV series maybe you can recall it Alpha ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxcmDCo9LLI

Best part about it is we are all represented the Aussie , U.S ,British 8O ....... :haha: :haha: mixed lollies .
RAT PATROL was one of my favorite tv shows.... go figure eh....they took it off because of the violent nature :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Yes a Aussie M1 atcttge for the variety :thumbup: yes but they just got the upgrade not many but they have them M1A2 .

Good to see the Aus Camo :thumbup: a little bit of tinge with pink for Alpha :D

So what is going to happen when the U.S upgrades the fleet to the leopard 2A7 ??? That means Alpha will have to look at doing a LEO 8O ......... :haha: :haha:
NO LEO FOR ME :haha: .......Challenger most definitely :D

ALPHA

Return to “Modern Tanks”