Abrams 1:16

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
atcttge
Sergeant

Re: Abrams 1:16

Post by atcttge »

greengiant wrote:Still working on my description.

Will start with something like, HL M1A2 modified to represent M1A2 SEP ( SYSTEM ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM ) as used by US Army alongside M1A2 Abrams during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Then the build dates of the real ones and how many were built, the weight increase of the SEP V1 over the M1A1. Will also point out that the APU was moved from the bustle rack and its old location now has heat exchanger unit as part of the turrets new heat management system which was needed to keep all the new electronics cool enough to operate.
Mine will be:

This is HL's M1A2 modified to represent an M1A2 SEP v2 currently in use by the US Army, in NATO 3-color scheme, with Pikachus as the tank crew, as it crosses the Line of Departure from Poland into Russia towards Moscow in "Operation Ash-is-an-Oppressive-Commie-Pig-and-He-Must-Die-Because-Freedom!"

;D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:I think it would be nice to show them without stowage items but by now Myself with a finished one with stowage items and the others working on getting stowage items before they consider them done I think that will not be possible. They can refer people to their builds to see them without stowage items. Just as long as they don't feature the stowage or whatever fine detailing was done on the proposed threads pictures, just pics of the completed tank as a whole.

Still working on my description.

Will start with something like, HL M1A2 modified to represent M1A2 SEP ( SYSTEM ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM ) as used by US Army alongside M1A2 Abrams during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Then the build dates of the real ones and how many were built, the weight increase of the SEP V1 over the M1A1. Will also point out that the APU was moved from the bustle rack and its old location now has heat exchanger unit as part of the turrets new heat management system which was needed to keep all the new electronics cool enough to operate.
That's right...forgot you did a bit of stowage already :haha: :haha: ....yeah..........mine will be boring then...cause I'm not adding anything :haha:

Haven't given much thought on the description...Basically it's an Anime Tank :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

atcttge wrote: Mine will be:

This is HL's M1A2 modified to represent an M1A2 SEP v2 currently in use by the US Army, in NATO 3-color scheme, with Pikachus as the tank crew, as it crosses the Line of Departure from Poland into Russia towards Moscow in "Operation Ash-is-an-Oppressive-Commie-Pig-and-He-Must-Die-Because-Freedom!"

;D
8O ...............................That's one heck of an op title :O ........................ :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Atc and scalawag my description leaves an opening for you to describe the Basic M1A2 and its improvements/ changes over the M1A1 and the things added to the SEP to make the V2 configuration, electric and electrons changes, and their purpose, first deployment date overseas and how long it is expected to remain the newest SEP version unto the 2050's with little other changes.
I figured to educate whoever reads our posting in modern tanks about the US army versions of M1A2, about all the abbreviations used when describing different parts or systems.
If I could figure out how to send an image in a pm I'd send you mine to give you an idea what I'm talking about.
toniolillo
Lance Corporal

Post by toniolillo »

Hello, after a long time away from the hobby I return with desire, I have made some modifications to my Abrams, some aesthetic and also I have changed the electronica by an electronic plate IBU2 PRO, I have not finished yet, I intend to make some more modifications and the Weathering
This is a somewhat sloppy system so that the cables of the tower do not become entangled when turning 360º
As you can see I have changed the speaker and I have made a soundboard
Above you can see the infantry phone box
And now I put a video, a greeting and I hope you like it
phpBB [video]

Toni

Return to “Modern Tanks”