HL Abrams detailing build

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: HL Abrams detailing build

Post by greengiant »

Yes, that was a very clever and good looking idea. I had thought of doing the igloo cooler but the water bottles themselves never entered my mind.
I just added my tank to the new thread and was wondering how many KB's your pictures were as they are so much larger. Mine are all about 250 which I thought was about the largest you could post.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Man....Profits at the Dollhouse stores were kind of slim before lol...with only Painless and Jarndice for customers searching for hinges :haha: ...Now with Modern Tanks on the Market....I suspect there will be a mad rush for stowage :haha:

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

I've used dollhouse hinges before. The modern tank stowage item need in large scales is something that some mfgr is bound to pick up on sometime now that they are becoming more popular. I hope, as the tank makers seem to avoid any add on stowage unlike with their ww2 tanks.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:I've used dollhouse hinges before. The modern tank stowage item need in large scales is something that some mfgr is bound to pick up on sometime now that they are becoming more popular. I hope, as the tank makers seem to avoid any add on stowage unlike with their ww2 tanks.
So true...but if anyone should come and visit Tank Warfare and see the Photoshoot thread...I'm sure the demand will grow...detailing the stowage on these modern tanks is much different from the WW2 models ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
greengiant wrote:I've used dollhouse hinges before. The modern tank stowage item need in large scales is something that some mfgr is bound to pick up on sometime now that they are becoming more popular. I hope, as the tank makers seem to avoid any add on stowage unlike with their ww2 tanks.
So true...but if anyone should come and visit Tank Warfare and see the Photoshoot thread...I'm sure the demand will grow...detailing the stowage on these modern tanks is much different from the WW2 models ;)

ALPHA
The stowage is different for the modern tanks, however a lot of them have a lot of covered stowage space/bins, so less stowage would be out on view. The leopard 2 for example has very little external stowage in most pics you will see. I think the Abrams probably carries more external stowage than average. :D
I kid you not lol...all that's missing is the kitchen sink :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

scalawag wrote:I think the Abrams probably carries more external stowage than average. :D
I call it the "Gypsy Wagon Effect" and it makes the M1 much more meaner looking. ;D ;D ;D
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

I think most of the stowage bins on modern tanks are built to hold items that are part of the basic equipment load the tank carries and since the tanks are so big very little needs to be carried visible on the outside of the tank.
The Abrams has had more real battlefield use then any other and its crews have found that that is not enough space and the Army has agreed and added more external storage areas.

Remember that the original Abrams was going to have no external storage but even before the A1 model was put into service a bustle rack was added because the internal stowage alone idea proved to be unworkable since road wheels and rear sprocket geared rings proved to be necessary items to be carried as spares and with the turbine engine and turret top blow off panels there was not good or suitable place to put or hang any other items the crews needed (or thought they needed) when away from supply sources for a day or two in order to stay fully functional when operating independent of immediate support units..

The M551 Sheridan suffered with lack of external stowage areas as much as the first Sherman's of WW2, but from experience I can say the tankers didn't feel the need to carry much extra as they were always back to their bases or resupply areas within a day.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

atcttge wrote:
scalawag wrote:I think the Abrams probably carries more external stowage than average. :D
I call it the "Gypsy Wagon Effect" and it makes the M1 much more meaner looking. ;D ;D ;D
Waiting for yours now ATC....no pressure...just anxious to see what you did with those Ketchup bottles :haha:

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Me to Atc, your build looked really good and yours is supposed to be next. A SEP2.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Me to Atc, your build looked really good and yours is supposed to be next. A SEP2.
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...What was mine again Giant????...the mutant :haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Modern Tanks”